lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2009, 06:29 PM   #11
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: ez go battery diagram electric

Quote:
Originally Posted by tia1971 View Post
What I notice that may be the problem is the diagram "d" has the 12 volt cables connected to a different battery that I have mine connected to. I have attached some photos of the way I have connected the batteries and pictures of the golf cart. Sorry it is so dirty but it has been sitting up for a while and I can not drive it to be washed. :-)
It is not a TXT Cart it is a DCS cart with the run/tow switch on the controller cover. Before you change batteries, the switch needs to be in the tow/maint mode.
Figure "D" is correct for your cart, make sure yours is the same when you're done.
You have the cart wired correctly. The smaller wire that shows white is in the correct spot and should be on the + terminal of the first battery and the smaller black wire on the other side should be on the - terminal of the last battery. These small white and black wires run back to the plug and are connected to the battery charger when you plug it in. The voltage reading across these 2 batteries (first and last) should be 38.4v when fully charged.
Don't worry about the part of the drawing that has the 12v cables, they are for accessories like lights etc.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2009, 06:41 PM   #12
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by tia1971 View Post
maybe someone can help me figure out why year it is since the model plate is wore out this is all i can read
? 49 Golf Cart 3??6. It looks like 3906 or 3096
It's quite likely a 1996 DCS cart. It is not a series, TXT cart. And it's definitely green.
Old 07-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #13
tia1971
Getting Wild

Ok I went back out to look and the the white wire is on the positive with the back cable that has + on it as well. Also the negitive has a bigger black wire with a - on it and a smaller black wire.

I guess let me say what problems I am having. I was having problems with the batteries not staying charged for long after charging the batteries it would only run for about 15 minutes. So then I went and bought used batteries because the batteries that were on the golf cart was supposed to still have 3 years left. But even with the used batteries the cart would charge and only run for 15 minutes. So I went and bought all new batteries and after charging it still would only run about 15 minutes. So I am not for sure what the problem was and I did not have the money after putting all the money into the batteries. So i just parked it under the shed but I really want the golf cart to run. So I called the local guy and he said he thought it could be a wrong connection from the golf cart to the batteries.

If someone can help me find out what the real problem is since it may not be the way I hooked it up. What else could I try?
tia1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:59 PM   #14
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Batteries really don't have any years if no one looks after them.
Let's start by determining how your batteries are.
Do you have a digital voltmeter? Do you know how to use one?

If yes, get a voltage reading of the whole pack and then each individual battery, then post the results.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:35 PM   #15
tia1971
Getting Wild

I have one but I don't know where to put it to get a good reading. It may not have a good charge anyway since it has been sitting up and the last time I ran it the batteries went down.

So I am assuming there it not a good charge on the batteris but tell me where to put the the red and black on the meter.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:51 PM   #16
dougmcp
Gone Wild

For the pack reading, put the meter on 200 DC volts and with the red lead start at the first + post in the series (the one with the small white wire) and with the black lead, measure to the last - post in the series (small black wire) you should get a reading of somewhere between 34.5v and 38.4v.

Also measure the individual batteries, put the meter on 20 DC volts and with the red lead measure + post and with the black lead, measure the - post on each battery, you should get a reading of somewhere between 5.75v and 6.39v.

Then post the pack voltage and all 6 battery voltages.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:31 PM   #17
tia1971
Getting Wild

Ok after you posted for me to check the voltage I went ahead and plugged up the cart while waiting for your response. So in doing so I have it hooked up right now and the charger is not coming on. It is dark now and I not see anything to see why the charger is not coming on. It was working fine when I got fed up with the golf cart last time. So thank you for your help and as of right now I am going to have to wait until tomorrow after work. I still have it plugged up right now and I will see if by in the morning before going to work to see if it kicked on through the night.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #18
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Charger will not come on if the voltage is too low. Yo may have to get a 12v charger and charge 2 batteries at a time to get back to where the 36v charger will come on.
You could still post up the battery and pack charge numbers
This chart will tell you how dead or alive they are, you are only interested in the 6v and 36v columns

Old 07-27-2009, 08:50 PM   #19
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

This pack is NOT wired correctly. The battery in the lower left corner needs to be spun 180 degrees. Right now it is backwards. OR, that one is correct, and all the others are wrong. I cannot see the + or - markings, but the labels tell the story.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:00 PM   #20
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post

This pack is NOT wired correctly. The battery in the lower left corner needs to be spun 180 degrees. Right now it is backwards. OR, that one is correct, and all the others are wrong. I cannot see the + or - markings, but the labels tell the story.
I thought so too until I drilled down on the photos and it is wired correctly. One of the labels is on backwards from the others.
We'll see what gives when he posts up pack and individ voltages.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO