lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2009, 03:00 PM   #11
bro-dubi
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: won"t move

scott yes i do have a volt meter
bro-dubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Start by checking the battery water level. Post the voltage for each battery here like battery#1=6.08v etc. and check that all cables connections are clean & tight
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #13
bro-dubi
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

ok scott water fine,
battery is at 6.25 for all but one it's at 6.15 ran a tester on batterys all was good even with load still good, clean all connection right down to the motor when i step on the accelerator nothing just a click from the solenoid
Old 12-13-2009, 04:21 PM   #14
bro-dubi
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

redpepe, how do where do i start ot do the volt check
Old 12-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #15
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Howzit Bro-budi,

I'm on maui. When you plug in the charger what does it show on the meter ? Do the batteries look good or swollen ? When you put it in reverse does the beep come on ? From my limited knowledge, the charger should jump to 20 amps and then work its way down as it charges, that is what i was told. My 25 dollar cart did the same thing as you describe, but the charger only went up to around 6 or 7 amps. Once I changed the batteries, it worked fine. This may sound dumb, but is the key turned on all the way ? I had a sticky key switch also and had a good laugh once I figured it out.

costco is the lowest price place for 6v batteries here on maui and they won't charge you the 9 dollar core fee if you bring in the old ones.

aloha
joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:39 AM   #16
bro-dubi
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Smile Re: won"t move

Howzit joe, when i charge the batterys the charger shows 20 then works it way down and shut off...as for the battery when i test them one by one they read 6.25 volts only one shows 6.15 and when i test them with the tester with load it says the batterys are still good....the reverse beep did come on but now it don't. I went as far as to change the controller fat battery wires....But i think im missing some resistors the ones for the solenoids cause like me first cart it has 2 resistors and a bus bar do u think that could be the problem?? well thanks for the info. I going to need some help on this one ALOHA.....
Old 12-15-2009, 08:00 AM   #17
redpepe
Not Yet Wild

hi bd,

you've done most of the things i would have done and i'm not familiar with the different models like the experienced folks here. with a vom, i'd begin at the positive end of the battery chain and see how far the voltage goes at different on / off / acceleration conditions. wherever it might stop is the first problem. you might need to jack up the drive wheels to be safe. there are probably more effective trouble shooting methods that the group can describe. good luck.
redpepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO