lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2008, 04:01 PM   #11
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: older charger help

Its not supposed to come on unless there is around 28 volts or more. If you get your batteries down to 20 volts you are hurting your batteries. In fact if you take your batteries below 80% of capacity (36 volts for a 36 volt cart) it is not reccommended.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2008, 04:08 PM   #12
mtd91
Not Yet Wild

sorry i miss typed.I meant 28volts.sorry.
mtd91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:09 PM   #13
mtd91
Not Yet Wild

But why did you say i wasnt killing them all the way probly?I drive it till it dies and it has 28volts.And when fully charged 2 hours later it has 40volts usualy.
Old 04-26-2008, 04:15 PM   #14
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Are you taking this reading with the charger plugged in and the charger on? If you unplug the charger after 2 hours and let it sit an hour the battery pack voltage will drop.

Seriously, try not to run the cart till its completely dead and wont move. You will be buying batteries within a year if you keep doing that.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 04:16 PM   #15
mtd91
Not Yet Wild

OH i thought i was suppose to run it till it didnt move.Which is at 28volts it automaticaly shuts down.No warnings.ANd I checked the voltage with the charger unpluged 1 hour after i charged it and I came up with 40 volts on my digital reader.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO