lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #11
gemmechanic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO ST 4x4 - Optional High Output Alternator

Did the kit list the amperage output? If we end up buying this, I will post the instructions. I have found the owner's manual and the parts manual. Still looking for the service manual.

Daniel
gemmechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2012, 06:50 AM   #12
ml41887
Not Yet Wild

Call before you order!!! Just because people list the parts online you'd think they would have them but I called M&D and the first person that I spoke to had no idea that they even sold golf cart parts!!!

They also did not have the several of the parts that they had listed, that I wanted, and were going to call Woods. Who knows how that would have turned out. This is what I was talking about in a previous post. M&D, and Zimmer Tractor will list parts for the EZGO ST 4x4 for sale that they do not have. I have no personal experience with ezgolfcart.com but be careful. Please call them all before you give them money. I'm still waiting for a part from Zimmer tractor that I paid for in July 2010 that they did not have.
ml41887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #13
theghoul
Not Yet Wild

gemmechanic,

The alternator tag from the EZGO part states that it outputs 55 amps. My heater alone takes 20 amps, so this should suffice for my needs.

Picture of the tag and part enclosed.

I concur with what ml says, give them a buzz before you order. Even messicks had me waiting for 3 weeks for 1 part. I told them it was all or nothing because I don't have skills to fab any mounts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-01-14 09.28.01.jpg (219.4 KB, 10 views)
theghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 05:41 PM   #14
gemmechanic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have ordered the bracket and wire harness which have a three week lead time. The 55 amp alternator is actually a Cushman part which I can purchase locally. The PTO adapter is VERY expensive at $300. This may be because it is a custom machined part and it appears no other equipment with this Honda engine uses an optional alternator needing such a shaft. From the detailed picture on Amazon.com, I could machine this if I knew its exact dimensions. Does anyone have one laying around that can be measured? By the time all of this arrives and is installed, summer will be here and I won't need the ST 4X4 to plow snow and salt ice.

Daniel
Old 01-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #15
theghoul
Not Yet Wild

I could try if you need some rough measurements.

For starters its about 3 3/4 inches in diameter and weighs about 6 lbs. Its pretty solid.

What do you need?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-01-20 17.54.18.jpg (235.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-20-2012, 10:16 PM   #16
gemmechanic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It we be a lot of work to create complete working drawings. About where are you located? If your not too far, I could measure it out with a micrometer. 6 LBS, wow that's much larger than I thought. This thing costs more than the alternator itself.

Daniel
Old 01-21-2012, 06:22 AM   #17
ml41887
Not Yet Wild

Call EZGO. They have shared drawings with me before.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:38 PM   #18
theghoul
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemmechanic View Post
It we be a lot of work to create complete working drawings. About where are you located? If your not too far, I could measure it out with a micrometer. 6 LBS, wow that's much larger than I thought. This thing costs more than the alternator itself.

Daniel
Yeah, its built like a tank. I'm in Michigan if that helps.

Matt, that's good to know that EZGO shares drawings. Do you have a specific contact there?
Old 01-22-2012, 07:39 PM   #19
ml41887
Not Yet Wild

No, I don't have a contact there. I asked the lady that I got on the phone, from customer support, for a drawing of a seat support piece because I couldn't find one. She shared a machinist type drawing with dimensions and everything that you'd need to fabricate a new piece.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:37 PM   #20
gemmechanic
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

We got the alternator installed and it really makes a difference. Dealer told us there are only three more of the PTO shaft left and no plans to make more. A short wire at the alternator was unavailable, but easy to make. The support shaft was unavailable, but also easy to make from threaded rod. I found it necessary to increase the idle speed because the engine will stall under sudden heavy electrical load. It is also necessary to warm the engine before applying heavy load. Overall the setup works great, but over $600 is a lot to pay for more electrical power.

Daniel
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO