lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2008, 04:13 PM   #1
bcosti
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Problem Going Up a Hill

I just purchased a 2002 EZGO electric golf cart that has new batteries. I charged the batteries over a two day period and they are fully charged. My cart runs OK on level ground. BUt going up any incline the cart really slows down, but it does make it up the hill, it does not stop The hill is not very steep at all. I drove around for 30 minutes going up and down the hills and the speed does not seem to change going up the inclines and hills as the batteries drain.

Any ideas out there?
Bcosti
bcosti is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2008, 05:28 PM   #2
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Default Re: Problem Going Up a Hill

Welcome to the forum bcosti........................

That sounds pretty normal.
Electric motors don't have a governor like a gasoline motor does, so you wont feel that extra power kick in when going up hill. However, the electrics are still made to go up & down hills on golf courses all day long.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:03 PM   #3
bcosti
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I bought the cart for my wife for her birthday. SHe expected it to act like a new one for $4,000 more than I paid for it. The Dec 2002 made cart cost me $1950 with new batteries included.

Think I got a fair deal??
BCosti
Old 06-29-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Electric carts slow way down going up hill. Which one do you have a fleet or PDS? If you have a PDS the Forward/Reverse is beside the key on the dash. A fleet is between your legs. A PDS can have a chip installed a fleet you have to do more work and $$$.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Well, cart prices vary by region. You can make some mods for power?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 06:45 PM   #6
bcosti
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

We have a fleet. What modifications can I do to get more uphill power and what is your estimate on the cost of the modifications?
bcosti
Old 06-29-2008, 07:01 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I wondering why it took 2 days to charge the batteries up? Newer battery pack in good condition should take 4-5 hours to recharge...Can you get a voltage reading at the charger plug? Lets be certain you have a full charge before we start to buy $500 worth of upgrades.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:32 PM   #8
bcosti
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

36 volts. Measured it using volt meter across the charger points on the cart. Battery charger is brand new. Charge after use takes about 2 -4 hours.
bcosti
Old 06-29-2008, 10:44 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

6 volt batteries are 'empty' at 6 volts. When fully charged they will read about, depending on their age and condition, and how long you have let them settle after charging, and who's reading the meter and how you hold your mouth........38 to 39 volts give or take some but not too much.
You can do permanent damage to batteries by draining them too low repeatedly. Is your charger kicking off automatically when it thinks it is finished? WHat do they read 45 minutes after the charger kicks off? Also it would be helpful to know what the individual battery readings are (6.25 and 6.59) before and 45 minutes after charging. Just number the batteries and write it down , then post it here...
Old 07-04-2008, 08:21 PM   #10
kirbyjones
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm having the same problem going up hill on my 94 Medalist. I guess from reading above I have have a fleet. My dad gave me the cart and I just put new batteries in yesterday. I had been sitting under a shed for a few years now. If going slow uphill is common what can be done to add more power and fix it. I would like to add larger tires and do some mods but nothing to off the wall.

Well versed in motorcyle engines bu the electric cart is a new beast for me any help is appreciated.

Thanks
kirbyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO