lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2014, 09:52 AM   #1
Intak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 95 ezgo txt rear axle issue

My 95 gas ezgo has been running fine since I purchased it several months ago. It developed a squeak in the rear driver side when turning right which I determined to be from a bad axle bearing.

I got a new bearing and replaced it without any issues. When I took it off the jacks and tried to test out my work, the motor will not turn the wheels. I checked the engine and can see the drive belt is being grabbed and turning, but getting no motion to the wheels.

I ran out of time to troubleshoot tonight, so anyone have ideas of where to start looking tomorrow?

Thanks.

Last edited by Intak; 02-19-2014 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: bad spelling
Intak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2014, 10:00 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 95 ezgo txt rear axle issue

May be your rear clutch is stuck open. The belt should be a snug fit when the motor is shut off. There should be about 1 inch deflection in the belt with the motor off.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:26 AM   #3
Intak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, I checked the belt and it is loose, but does not look any looser than before I began.

With the rear end on jacks, when the drive clutch engages, the drive belt turns and spins the driven clutch. The wheels turn but seem to be pretty slow for the speed of the motor.

With the rear end on jacks I can spin the right wheel and the left turns opposite, but spinning the left does not spin the right.

Is the driven (rear) clutch the one you said to adjust?

Thanks.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:31 AM   #4
nobuckbuild
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

sounds like a stripped hub to me check around there are lots of info on them
nobuckbuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:10 AM   #5
Intak
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Turns out the two rear axels/hubs were different. One side had about 20 small ridges and the other had a single large removable key. When I pulled off the right side, the key fell out and I didn't notice. After pulling the hub back off and replacing the key it drives fine again.

Thanks for the advice.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO