lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2021, 05:34 PM   #11
Briboy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Need Yamaha G2 / G9 info

Steering seems ok, But the front tires are a little Cambered \ / ... Current front shocks are 14.2" and the rears are at 17" with the mods
The front shocks have exhaust pipe the rears look like maybe EMT Conduit.
I will get it all figured out once I really dismantle it. I have to decide on ride hight if I keep it where it is (most likely) then I will prob make up some extension brackets for the rear and just buy 13" long coil overs for front and rear.
I can fabricate a much better lift than what is has.
Briboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2021, 07:51 AM   #12
Briboy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The wiring harness is not as bad as I thought.
It's in pretty good shape. needs a little love and some new 2ga battery/controller cables but other then that I should be able to use everything else with just a clean up and new end in some places.
Old 05-30-2021, 06:16 PM   #13
SCBD
Not Yet Wild

Any chance I could get a few pice of the potentiometer? I've just picked up a G2, and the pot is missing. Thanks!!
SCBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 08:27 PM   #14
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCBD View Post
Any chance I could get a few pice of the potentiometer? I've just picked up a G2, and the pot is missing. Thanks!!
G2 never had one, all G2 were resistor control only. Well, now you know why it's missing. First year G9 was resistor too, the rest of the G9s had motor controllers.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 09:14 AM   #15
Briboy
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Actually that lift doesn't look that bad, I've seen much much worse.
So, I had some time and stripped her down to bare frame. That lift was so much worse than the pictures show. If you were here I think this may compete with the worst you have seen.
All the coil overs were welded and Toast. Ordering some Stock hight tension adjustable Motorcycle shocks. 10" front and 11" rear, fronts will be a bit softer than the rear.
New Solenoid, Rebuild Batt Tray, Remove and clean FNR, Clean and Paint Frame, Make new Batt Cables, New PB-6 Type 0-5K Potentiometer.
A good friend found and gave me 4 Like new Stock tires and wheels, FREE!!
Thinking I will use the Allied Lithium Batteries from my other cart in this build and buy new for the Cart I am keeping.

This was gonna be a winter project but as always things change and now I am hot on getting it all up and running and selling it.
LOL Anyone interested in a G9EM???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2609.jpg (248.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2610.jpg (238.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2611.jpg (276.8 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha