lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2020, 10:22 PM   #1
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default 2013 precedent won’t run

Hello,

Trying to help a friend who’s cart just stopped working. Here is what I know and have done following the electrical system testing.

Battery pack is 50.7

Solenoid, obc, tow/run switch all tested correct.
The first failed test was a1/a2 had no volts. Says to check mcor.

The mcor test the numbers were all off a little. Higher or lower not by much. (How accurate does the range need to be?)
while testing the mcor limit switch. Negative to pack negative, + on the green wire on the 2 pin mcor connector. I don’t get any volts when pressing the pedal.

Can i assume the mcor is bad and that’s my issue?

Thanks
Barry
Night life is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2020, 10:24 PM   #2
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2013 precedent won’t run

Also, the cart is a 6 seater with f and r switch on the dash. It’s a basic looking 3 position switch. I have pack voltage to the orange middle wire, no voltage to the brown or blue even when toggling. That doesn’t seem right?
Old 05-21-2020, 11:09 PM   #3
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night life View Post
Also, the cart is a 6 seater with f and r switch on the dash. It’s a basic looking 3 position switch. I have pack voltage to the orange middle wire, no voltage to the brown or blue even when toggling. That doesn’t seem right?
Sounds like your problem, it's just an ON-OFF-ON switch.
If there's a connector behind the switch try jumping Orange (B+) to the Brown (F) and see if it works.
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 11:11 PM   #4
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

I did try jumping it with a paper clip as it’s female to female on both sides and nothing changed however the test tells you to keep the car in neutral so I still feel there’s something wrong with the MCOR.
Old 05-22-2020, 03:55 PM   #5
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

@sergio any advice?
Old 05-23-2020, 12:43 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
I did try jumping it with a paper clip as it’s female to female on both sides and nothing changed however the test tells you to keep the car in neutral so I still feel there’s something wrong with the MCOR.
You test the internal MS like this: Unplug the two pin connector from the MCOR and jump out the connector with a paper clip or a small piece of wire. It will be a blue wire and green wire connector. If it runs with the jumper in place, your MCOR has failed. Get one here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/mcors
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:45 PM   #7
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
-snip-

The mcor test the numbers were all off a little. Higher or lower not by much. (How accurate does the range need to be?)
while testing the mcor limit switch. Negative to pack negative, + on the green wire on the 2 pin mcor connector. I don’t get any volts when pressing the pedal.

Can i assume the mcor is bad and that’s my issue?

Thanks
Barry
With the batteries connected, key switch Off, Tow/Run switch in Run; place the black (–) probe on packs main Negative post and the red (+) probe on the yellow wire at the 3-pin connector near the MCOR. (The reading should be approximately ~0.32vdc to ~0.5vdc with the pedal up). Slowly press the Go Pedal and the readings should increase until it reaches ~4.65vdc or more when the pedal is fully pressed. (Anything less than 4.60vdc and you are not reaching full throttle). If the reading is erratic or jumps all over the place it is a bad MCOR potentiometer..... Get one here https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/mcors
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car