lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2020, 08:06 AM   #21
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Workhorse / Jacobsen Build

Yes, you need a kit for post 2001.5 as you have the later steering and axle.
Cartmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-16-2020, 11:02 AM   #22
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Not sure if its the same for the 350's but the Robbin 295's are known to drop con rod bolts. They come loose and drop out the bottom, rod cap comes loose and detonates the engine. Pull the oil filter out and use a mirror and flashlight and see if you can see the bottom of the rod...and if those bolts are tight. That may be the metal noise you hear.
JPonLKN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 12:25 PM   #23
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Slo,
You are asking if your front end is the same as a TXT...I'd be happy to take some measurements and share them so you can compare and we can determine if they are in fact the same.

Hoping maybe you can do me a favor...take a photo of your passenger side brake linkage with a tape measure laid along side, and another of the section of cable between the brake cable compensator clip and the bracket that holds the ends of the two brake cables. Since you have an ST 350 ish, machine, I'm trying to see if they are the same as the EZGO TXT. I can buy the passenger side brake cable for an ST, and I am hoping it is a direct replacement, only longer for my brake cable, and I can use my passenger side cable on the driver side...ending up with 10" longer cables and some room to get around engine and suspension.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 10-16-2020, 12:36 PM   #24
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

ST350 is normally a short body so would use the same cable as a txt. Never heard of one especially for them. The 1200 mpt frame is 11” longer than a txt.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 01:01 PM   #25
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
ST350 is normally a short body so would use the same cable as a txt. Never heard of one especially for them. The 1200 mpt frame is 11” longer than a txt.
Do a quick Google search on EZGO ST350 Brake Cable, and the cables are listed in the specs as 47-1/2" on the driver side and 57 1/2" on the passenger side for 1996-up ST 350. I'm still trying to locate a single 57 1/2" cable, as all I am finding is the sets, but I want to make sure the throw between the brake arm and the bracket behind the backing plate is the same as a TXT, and that the mounting point for the cable and the compensator clip is about the same. I can adjust the compensator arm as it is a threaded rod.

The parking brake needs to be off when the pic is taken, but the space between the mounting bracket and the fully extended arm at the brake backing plate needs to be about the same between the two models, I think. I expect they are...just want to verify.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:05 PM   #26
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPonLKN View Post
Slo,
You are asking if your front end is the same as a TXT...I'd be happy to take some measurements and share them so you can compare and we can determine if they are in fact the same.

Hoping maybe you can do me a favor...take a photo of your passenger side brake linkage with a tape measure laid along side, and another of the section of cable between the brake cable compensator clip and the bracket that holds the ends of the two brake cables. Since you have an ST 350 ish, machine, I'm trying to see if they are the same as the EZGO TXT. I can buy the passenger side brake cable for an ST, and I am hoping it is a direct replacement, only longer for my brake cable, and I can use my passenger side cable on the driver side...ending up with 10" longer cables and some room to get around engine and suspension.

Thanks
Jeff
I'll see what I can do Jeff. Appreciate the info on the con rod bolts. It's a possibility. I really won't know until I get the engine on the workbench.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 01:05 PM   #27
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Yes, you need a kit for post 2001.5 as you have the later steering and axle.
Thank you sir!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 01:14 PM   #28
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Learn something new every day. Should work because connections on the end are the same.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 02:39 PM   #29
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
I'll see what I can do Jeff. Appreciate the info on the con rod bolts. It's a possibility. I really won't know until I get the engine on the workbench.
Not sure I will be able to help you on your front end...if you have the 4-bolt steering with the rack on the axle, mine is the 3-bolt with the rack at the base of the column. They are all sorts of different.
Old 10-16-2020, 03:02 PM   #30
JPonLKN
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
I'm thinking you can look while its installed in the cart. Pull the filter out, and with a small mirror and a flashlight, see up inside the case to the bottom of the crank. See attached photo. Photo is upside down...I can't fix it.
20200723_224904.jpg
Look past the ugly mess of a broken rod in the bottom of my case, just above the remaining oil, you can see the top of the filter. Its held in place by the three bolts in a triangle just under the clutch, accessed from the outside of the block. No disassembly required other than removal of the filter, its a maintenance item. Pull it out, and the oil with it, and you should have a direct view up to the bottom of your con-rod. Us a small mirror, or piece of a mirror and a flashlight. May have to rotate the crank to get the counterbalancers out of view, but you should be able to see the con rod bolts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO