lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2021, 09:41 AM   #1
samborskij
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default newbie

Just bought a 2021 Express S4 Elite. I have two questions:

First, will the Madjax Golf Cart Nerf Bar's fit the 2021 Express S4 Elite?

next, how do I disconnect Back-Up signal (sound is distracting)?

Thanks, Sam
samborskij is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2021, 09:47 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: newbie

Can't answer the first question but I don't recommend disconnecting the backup alarm! It's an important safety feature. Believe me, it's easy to leave the cart in reverse and think it's in forward. Bad things can happen then. If you want to dumb it down a little, put a piece of tape over the hole on the piezo beeper.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 03:01 PM   #3
PT1911
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by samborskij View Post
Just bought a 2021 Express S4 Elite. I have two questions:

First, will the Madjax Golf Cart Nerf Bar's fit the 2021 Express S4 Elite?

next, how do I disconnect Back-Up signal (sound is distracting)?

Thanks, Sam
Just an FYI, if you unhook the wire to the backup beeper, your cart won't move. It will kill the loop to your solenoid that runs your speed controller.

If it bothers you real bad, try tape that was mentioned, as well as cotton in the hole?
PT1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 12:11 AM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Keep in mind, the new S4 and L6 Elites are glorified (new body style) RXV Elites that use RXV Elite controllers. Disconnecting the reverse buzzer will permanently damage the controller!
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 01:42 PM   #5
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

As everyone has said leave the beeper. Just a single piece of electrical tape really does make a huge difference on how loud the buzzer is. My TXT would wake up the wife when I backed out of the garage and my garage is on the opposite corner of the house! Found the buzzer and one piece of tape and all is good.

Also, there was someone who disabled the backup buzzer on a cart at their vacation rental house and a renter was seriously hurt when a kid hit the gas pedal and the cart was in reverse and on and nobody knew it. The poor lady has permanent brain damage and sued. I think she ended up with a million bucks from it. This was many years ago when a million dollar settlement was rather shocking...

I've helped a couple neighbors with the buzzer/tape mod. Really easy to do.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2021 express s4 elite
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO