lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2007, 11:33 AM   #1
BAXTER72
Not Yet Wild

Default G16 Newb

I have a stock g16 and want some input on what mods worked the best for you guys.
I am looking at the 6 inch jakes lift and 22 or 23 inch tires.
Can I go with 12 inch tires on this lift?
We have a family owned tool and die shop, So some of the mods will come easy.
I also have a buddy that has a body shop ( I will find out what kind of buddy he is when i haul my g16 in for a fresh coat of paint)
Any opinions on what company has the best products and best prices ? Thanks for helping a newb out.
Maybe I can return the favor some day.
BAXTER72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2007, 12:02 PM   #2
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 Newb

hey i know i already helped you some but ill answer these questions too...

the jakes lifts rock

i would 23 inch tires

12 inch rims are alittle bit bumpy but really make the cart looks better

if you get it painted, i would reccommend using the kind of paint that they put on the corvettes(thats what i used) because it can flex without cracking. i hit stuff with my red cart and it dosent even leave one scratch...
Yamaha4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:27 PM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

6" with 23's on 12" wheels would work no problem. Talk to Tom http://www.cartpartsplus.com/

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:10 PM   #4
MuayThai41
Gone Wild

pics?
MuayThai41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:33 AM   #5
BAXTER72
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuayThai41 View Post
pics?
My sister in law works at Hooters was there with my wife a couple weeks back with my digital camera
Turns out my camera does not like beer as much as I do
Will get pics when I replace my camera
BAXTER72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 04:46 PM   #6
MuayThai41
Gone Wild

Sooooo let me get this straight, are we gonna get pics from Hooters, or just the cart?
MuayThai41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:57 PM   #7
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

LOL!!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:03 PM   #8
ElC
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAXTER72 View Post
I have a stock g16 and want some input on what mods worked the best for you guys.
I am looking at the 6 inch jakes lift and 22 or 23 inch tires.
Can I go with 12 inch tires on this lift?
We have a family owned tool and die shop, So some of the mods will come easy.
I also have a buddy that has a body shop ( I will find out what kind of buddy he is when i haul my g16 in for a fresh coat of paint)
Any opinions on what company has the best products and best prices ? Thanks for helping a newb out.
Maybe I can return the favor some day.
I don't know about the best mods but I did a plowmans hot setup with the black clutch spring. I tried the BU power kit and wasn't terribly happy with it. There are a couple ways to modify your the govenor. Depending on how well you know your cart that is the first place to start, get it back to spec before you change anything. Do a compression test see if the motor is worth the investment. The adjust everything within reason back to spec's, valve lash, run the play out of your steering box. These are free and give you a great place to start. I will explain anything I can, just ask.
ElC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:13 PM   #9
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Yeah ELC I also tried the BU set up first and it worked good until I was riding down the road wide open and BAM!!!!! The whole rear sheave blew into 5 peices and knocked a gash in my exhaust. So long story short I ended up getting the plowmans exhaust and clutch and its lasted 6 months now.
Yamaha4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:40 AM   #10
ElC
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha4life View Post
Yeah ELC I also tried the BU set up first and it worked good until I was riding down the road wide open and BAM!!!!! The whole rear sheave blew into 5 peices and knocked a gash in my exhaust. So long story short I ended up getting the plowmans exhaust and clutch and its lasted 6 months now.
What spring did you go with? Just curious I explained that I wanted ablsolute bottom end so I went with the spring that had the highest rate. The cart completely impresses people when I creep up some crazy incline stop, then just pull out again, we actually had front wheel come right off the ground, and it will not slip! I've had mine on for about a year, no problems, I put a pump of grease in once a month or so, and am very happy with the quality.
ElC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha