lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #11
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: '99 Workhorse throttle/gov/belt adjustment .....

It's a "jam" nut on that cable. There are two 1/2" nuts that squeeze the holder bracket...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2009, 09:59 PM   #12
Boris
DELETED

Dang ......... DANG-DANG. Yeah I was hoping I found the culprit sitting here at the house .....

Thanks Mike
Boris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:08 PM   #13
tonyton
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I enjoyed it gentlemen, I shall see you all again tomorow. WHEN WE TACKLE THE JACOBSEN DEVIL CARTS PROBLEM. It aint as friendly as those easy goes. It has its own attitude.just kidden, no voodoo here.
Sleep time!
tonyton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:47 PM   #14
Boris
DELETED

Something must be getting close to being right on this cart ... Molly. Don't know if it's finally getting broken in and all the parts being used to being together as a unit but I put some of the 22x10 street tires on steel wheels on her today and GPS'd it at 23.2. Gonna have to back off on the governor just a tad.

Last thing I need is to give my Dad something that'll throw him out of it.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:12 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I messed with one that ran as you describe... It kept cutting out at low speed and when you gave a little more gas it jumped back to life? Very annoying when trying to go slow.... I found there was not enough cable slack so that the throttle was already open when the micro switch fired the solenoid. One thing that helped me was adjusting the barrel on the gas peddle linkage to trip the micro sooner in the peddle travel and adjusting the cable for more slack at BOTH ends ... Hope this helps
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:24 AM   #16
Boris
DELETED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I messed with one that ran as you describe... It kept cutting out at low speed and when you gave a little more gas it jumped back to life? Very annoying when trying to go slow.... I found there was not enough cable slack so that the throttle was already open when the micro switch fired the solenoid. One thing that helped me was adjusting the barrel on the gas peddle linkage to trip the micro sooner in the peddle travel and adjusting the cable for more slack at BOTH ends ... Hope this helps
I adjusted the barrel you speak of and got that part straightened out. I just couldn't never could get anything further back to act right. The throttle never seemed to engage the same way twice .... Annoying wasn't the word it was what was keeping my Pa from wanting to use the thing at all. ............
Besides the barrel being adjusted prior ..... to get the slack out of the cable itself, I found that the threaded end on the throttle-box end of the cable was non-existent, it had completely disintegrated from corrosion and I was losing (I guess) 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch of adjustment .at that point ..... that couldn't be made up anywhere else further back no matter what I did.

Mind you, these next two pics are only a quick fix to see if this cable... and not being able to fully adjust everything hoping all of the throttle components were going to stay in the same (fixed) position every time I pressed the gas-pedal. It was .......

The quick fix.... I cut a piece of 1" angle (bedframe) and ran the grinder down one side to create a channel for the cable to slide through

........ then after loosening all of the adjustments backward .... slipped this quick-fix into place and readjusted everything again. As soon as Ida gets out of the way I'll install the new cable and finish tightening up that part of this cart

Thanks for the imput ..... and if you (or anybody-else) sees something on either this cart (Molly) or the other that is being built from "bits and pieces" ....... that looks flat-out dangerous Holler
Old 11-10-2009, 09:47 AM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

When is the new cable coming?????
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #18
Boris
DELETED

have it now ...... just waiting on Hurricane Ida ..... or TS Ida to clear out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO