lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2010, 04:24 PM   #1
ezgocart
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 93 marathon 4 cycle no spark ?

I had spark but the battery went dead tried to jump it with a charger jumper box. Now I dont have a spark at the plug. I have 12 volts going into the coil. Is the coil shot or could it be the ignitor? Anyone have any Ideas or things I could check?

Thanks
ezgocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-13-2010, 07:32 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: 93 marathon 4 cycle no spark ?

did you check your fuse?
the service manual has a trouble shooting guide and tells how to test these things

http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/605586.pdf
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #3
chardonite
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There is several parts to the ignition system. The pulser,igniter,and coil. You checked for voltage at the coil and had 12 volts when cranking the engine. The other terminal on the coil should have 12 volts turning on and off. I use a 12 volt test light for this. The light should be on all the time on the + side of the coil and flash on and off on the - side of the coil. If it doesn't flash you have a bad igniter or pulser coil. The pulser should produce 0.5 volts ac when cranking. If it does it's good. Next look at the igniter. Look at the diagram Ruredy linked to and make sure you have all the powers and grounds necessary the work.Finally, these simple electronic systems all work the same. The pulser pulses a voltage signal to the igniter ,the igniter uses a transistor to make and break a ground to the coil - terminal. This test may or may not work but I have used it to diagnose hundreds of ignition problems in my shop.First disconnect the pulser and on the side connected to the cart insert cotter pins into the connector now with the engine cranking touch one finger to the battery + terminal and tap the exposed cotter pins with another finger the ignition should fire if the igniter is good this test has been very reliable for me.Oh I forgot to mention you must dampen your finger tips I usually just lick them.Also make sure you don't ground your body anywhere on the cart. Good Luck Chardonite
chardonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:44 PM   #4
ezgocart
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the replies. I found out that my ground cable wasn't hooked up to the body. I didnt think it would make a difference but found out it does. It fired right up when I hooked it up.

Thanks Again
ezgocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:46 AM   #5
chardonite
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Powers and grounds are the first thing to check. Good job
chardonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO