lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default '99 Workhorse Brake adjustment

I need to adjust the brakes on my Workhorse and before I dive in I thought I would ask you all for any tips. I assume they are similar to the rear drum brakes on cars which I am familiar with. So if you have any tips, please send them my way.

Thanks!
EZ-GOnewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: '99 Workhorse Brake adjustment

Gorno told me to bump this....

It never got a reply.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:40 PM   #3
bhfear
EZ-GO-N

E-Z-GO

Pretty Easy,
But instead of just pulling the wheel off and sliding a flat blade screw driver into the hole of the drum and turning the star wheel up, I would recomend pulling the drum first, and take some sand paper to the pads first, rough them up, then clean with brake cleaner, put drum back on, torque axle nut to 70+ fp, replace cotter pin, then adjust pads until they just drag, just make sure you replace pads if they are getting real thin, and make sure the splines on the drum are in good shape, if the drum hasnt been torqued down in the past the splines will break off one by one and then eventually spin on the axle, pretty common problem on the txt's, good luck
bhfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:01 AM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ-GOnewild View Post
Gorno told me to bump this....

It never got a reply.
sorry about no reply
why didn't gorno just tell you how to do it, they're the same as the electric carts.
They are the same as the rear brakes on lots of older vehicles just not hydraulic (well some are). being that most of these carts only have rear brakes extra care should be taken in servicing them. I'm sure the service manual tells you the way ezgo does them but what bh said seems like some great info imo.
Other than the brakes themselves, there is the cables and adjustments on those. The cables seem to cause more issues than the brakes do from what i've seen. There is no fixing the cables when they start going goofy. just bite the bullet and replace them.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:35 AM   #5
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the replies guys. I did replace the cables and shoes and adjusted them. That has been awhile ago and they are still working great.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO