lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2011, 10:43 PM   #1
JRL
Gone Wild

Default Will 215/40X12 Duro Excel Tire Fit a G2 Rear?

Looking to get a little ground clearance and fill up the rear wheel wells. The tire thing is complicated.
Question is has anyone installed a Duro 215/40 X 12 (or similar low profile) on a DWT 12X8 rim on G2that's lifted with a 6" Jakes?
Planning on using similar Duros on the front, but in 10", and once the front chassis height is established, make rear of the cart match the front height.
DWT (Douglas T-9s) is one of the few companies that make a golf cart rim in both 10 and 12 inch that match. I like the looks too. I'm sure there are others...? Suggestions?
Looking at golf cart wheels in 10X7 front and 12X8 rear? Company sez the 10's will fit a 6" G2 Jake lift without spacers. Like to keep the front geometry...to a point.
A 215/40X12 is 19" OD. Rear wheel openings are about 20"....?
I've got a right good sized muffler under the car that has sorta got to be where it is. It's about 2" off the ground with stock suspension and 8" stock wheels. Figured the 12" rims and lift kit would be the ticket...with low profile tires.
A photo of something like this would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, JR
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #2
JRL
Gone Wild

Default Re: Will 215/40X12 Duro Excel Tire Fit a G2 Rear?

I'll answer another of my posts....
The answer is yes, 215/40X12 make nice front tires for a DOT cart.
I mounted them and there are no issues with 7" Delta wheels and Duro tires all mounted on a Jakes Yamaha G2 6" lift. A Yamaha G2 lift kit fits a Hyundai G2 gas powered. Might fit electric too...I'm not sure about electric.
What won't fit is 25" rear tires. I wanted the diameter to help overcome the lower overall gear ratio of the Dana transaxle. I might still get them in there by loosing the inner wheel wells. and trimming the side floorboard plastic trim. 23" would have been a better choice overall.
JR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1816.JPG (139.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1819.JPG (131.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 07-24-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
dcdoc45
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I was able to fit 25" tires on my G2 cart. but..... I do not have the inner fender wheel installed yet, I had to lift the cart with rear air shocks and I had to cut the kick rails on the side flush.
So.... it can be done but its hard. I still need to make relocating brackets for the swing arm, I had 2 ppl on it the other day and it rubbed a hole in the gas tank :{
It will work/fit better when I lower the stock rear shock mounts about 3 or 4 inches and put the swing arm brackets on.
I may have to cut the rear bumber mount brackets and relocate some frame components to do it, but it can be done!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (171.8 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by dcdoc45; 07-24-2011 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: wrong word
dcdoc45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 11:31 PM   #4
JRL
Gone Wild

Thanks, I ended up buying a pair of 22X11X12 Sahara tires. The tread design isn't exactly what I wanted, but they'll probably be a better choice than DOT tires when I get on wet grass. Supposed to be delivered tomorrow. I've got the Kaw ignition and fuse box all mounted on the LH inner fender, so losing that puppy would have been a lot of extra work.
If anyone would like to have a pair of new, never mounted 25X10X12 Scorchers, I got a deal for you! I'll sell both for $100 bucks. They'll be on Ebay next week. Along with a set of Rhino front shocks that I bought and couldn't use. Too long at about 21".
JR
Old 07-31-2011, 08:41 PM   #5
JRL
Gone Wild

This is what 22X11X12 rear tires look like on a 6" lifted Hyundai G2...about the same for a Yamaha G2.
There's about 1/2" clearance at the front running board cover. These tires are mounted on 8.5X12 Delta wheels.
JR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1828.JPG (96.7 KB, 3 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha