lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-16-2014, 02:30 PM   #1
BIGBREW
Getting Wild

Default G14 Clutch Rebuild

Where is the best place to get a rebuild kit for a G14, I have a 6" lift, and tires but I just use it around my camp ground to carry my cooler to and from the boat launch and to do some chores. Suggestions?
BIGBREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-16-2014, 02:39 PM   #2
Firedowg
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G14 Clutch Rebuild

Plowmans. I sent mine into them and they had it back to me in a couple days. Great place.
Firedowg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 02:50 PM   #3
BIGBREW
Getting Wild

I didn't realize a rebuild kit would be $120....Dang! Do I just need new weights, or should I do weights and pins ect. This is something that I can probably do myself. It has been a while since I rebuilt a clutch just need a memory refresher.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:38 PM   #4
dbmachine
Gone Wild

He will probably cut the sheeves as well for much better performance.
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 07:33 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

don't waste your money trying to save a few bucks, rebuild the whole thing or you won't be happy and you'll end up doing it again, spending even more. My grandpap always said "Do it right the second time" ....or wait.... Man I've had that wrong my whole life....
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:14 AM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The oem yamaha weights (3 required) are $60+ /ea these days. Maybe it HAS been awhile. The weights are always torn up. I dont know who's weights they are using, but $125 sounds pretty good to me...
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:20 AM   #7
BamaG14
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I rebuilt mine myself. Here is where I got my weight kit. I ordered the plastic slides separate as one was broke . I used my pins as all looked ok. The only thing I didn't replace was the bushings which I could use now. If plowmans is $120 for a complete rebuild sounds good price .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Yamaha-Dri...2fc142&vxp=mtr
BamaG14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 01:01 PM   #8
dbmachine
Gone Wild

Bigbrew if you send don your clutch on a saturday or monday by usps priority you should have it back by friday and ready to ride. He has very fast turnaround times. Might as well go all out and get one of his hot setup performnace kits. You will be smiling ear to ear guaranteed after you mash the pedal..lol
dbmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #9
BIGBREW
Getting Wild

Cant speed around in mine, I use it in my camp ground, they frown on that which is fine with me, as long as it carries my cooler to the boat launch, once I'm on the water I get to go fast. Trying to figure out if I rebuild the front or replace the spring in the rear, or both, it is lifted with 23 inch tires, I do use it to fill the water in my camper so it will carry 35 gallons of water from the fill up to the camper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golfcart.jpg (126.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-22-2014, 05:18 PM   #10
BIGBREW
Getting Wild

Bump
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha