lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2014, 06:41 PM   #1
cam66
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default my G2 has intermittent spark

been working on this one a bit, has spark but when throttle opens up to revup spake dissapears?
cam66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2014, 07:10 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: my G2 has intermittent spark

Sounds strange, but take your primary clutch cap off and see if one of the weights has come apart.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:30 AM   #3
cam66
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

clutchk is rebuilt, new weights, when i try to rev it up sparks stops, i take plug out and run starter the spark only seems good at low throttle, then dissapears, this cart has been under water a year ago. guess i should have a look at flywheel magnet?
Old 04-09-2014, 06:56 PM   #4
cam66
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

OK i just checked spark on my other G2 and it has a tiny spark but it runs excellent, the one im having issues with has a big spark then peters out, but bown to how the one that runs good has?? been switching parts from one to the other, no luck so far, the only thing different is the voltage reg, the problem cart has the aluminum solid state vr, the good one has the old school kind with the tin cover. spark problem is the same with or without VR connected.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:16 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam66 View Post
OK i just checked spark on my other G2 and it has a tiny spark but it runs excellent, the one im having issues with has a big spark then peters out, but bown to how the one that runs good has?? been switching parts from one to the other, no luck so far, the only thing different is the voltage reg, the problem cart has the aluminum solid state vr, the good one has the old school kind with the tin cover. spark problem is the same with or without VR connected.
G9's had an AVR, G2's had a Hitatchi adjustable vr, your saying both are G2's? If you tried the ignitor and no change, might try this. Your negative battery cable goes to the starter/generator end plate, Yamaha "pigtailed a 18 gauge wire into the eye end. Cut the 18 gauge wire off and put an eye end on it and install on the stud with the negative battery cable. Sounds like you may have a bad ground situation. Good luck!
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 10:02 PM   #6
cam66
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

k i said they are both g2'S look the same but the wireing diagram shows one being a 91-95 and the other i think is 96 , the only one with the solid state aluminium Vr, i will try the ground trick, havent switched that spark box thing yet, there is a grey wire off solenoid that when connected the starter stays running until you disconnect it, spark is the same connected or not. mistery!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha