lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2014, 01:51 PM   #11
frmboybuck
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G9 rear seat questions

Would preferably like a flip over seat, but might just settle for a stationary.
frmboybuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2014, 02:11 PM   #12
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

I would just buy the kit you want, take off the side pillar covers, use some strong angle iron off the steel side pillars to mate with the flat bed mounting holes (remember to leave enough room for the gas door opening), mount the upright to the G9 frame crossmember (you'll probably need to drill some new holes in the seat platform), may need to remove the stock rear bumper and just bolt it up.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:16 PM   #13
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

This is my dump box mount, its made of 1x1 tubing maybe 11ga or something and the 1/4 x1 plates. It bolts to the frame under the bagwell with two 1/4 bolts, and to the seat uprights with big polebarn steel self tapping screws. I've hauled a lot of stuff in here from sand that made the cart wheelie to firewood piled high as I can. It was really easy to make if you can weld it up. I can remove the entire thing in like 10 min max as I have to in order to remove the rear body and work on the secondary or newish clone engine in there. The latch is from a farm supply store.

The worst part is the weight on the cart rear. I made my lift and put extra holes to stand the rear shocks up more and handle weight. It works but then rides hard. The whole cart is about 600lb then you put weight on the back with people or box loads and the cart is rear-heavy in a big way. They like to rub the body and wheel wells with the tires I have.

I was going to make a seat to mount on here as the box removes with the two pivot bolts easy enough, but I never did. People can ride on the box a short way and I really don't want to have people on the back on trails its too much weight for the trails we ride.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Oct 2010 014 small.jpg (72.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Oct 2010 012 small.jpg (63.6 KB, 0 views)
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha