lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2018, 12:21 PM   #1
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default DS intellilock

So after refusing to pay over $350 for a bunch of Springs and two plates, seems like a lot of money.....
So I'm wondering on how I can go about making my transaxle locking, would a Club Car pioneer transaxle work? Could I buy the parts needed to convert my axle like the pioneer?
What is the best way to make this thing positive traction or at least limited slip.
Welding is not an option this thing seems just as much time on the street as it does on the dirt. When I first came to this forum I cannot find it anywhere, I thought there was a thread here showing how using flat washers you could make a locking transaxle I remember seeing it but I just don't think it was in this forum might have been on YouTube, would like to find that video again or article.

I can't tell you why, but for some reason it bothers me to pay that 350 for some Orange Springs into plates....

Opinions and options would be greatly appreciated!!!
ProjectClubCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2018, 02:09 PM   #2
BrutalSoldier
Addictive Personality

Club Car

Default Re: DS intellilock

When you find out let me know please. I am waiting to put in different gears until I know how to also lock it.
I didn't know there was a kit could you get me the link?
Side note I still can't find the 4" flares you have. If you happen to remember let me know. Sometimes I remember stuff like that at the weirdest times.
BrutalSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 02:36 PM   #3
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

Brutal if I understand this right, a 2004 Club Car pioneer has a locking axle, waiting for the experts to chime in on whether that actually would work, as far as bolting up, perch's lining up ect.....
Could you take the guts out of a Pioneer axle and make them work in a DS axle?

I'm waiting for an expert to chime in, I will say this I could not find a Pioneer axle on the internet for sale.

I just figured Now's the Time to do it, I've got the cart all the way down to a bare rolling chassis,
Old 01-01-2018, 09:23 PM   #4
BrutalSoldier
Addictive Personality

Club Car

The newest LT suspension kit will be arriving Wednesday. I have the frame repaired so I should be tearing up the dirt again soon. My issue now is what engine to run. I ordered a 670 last night and I still have a shiny 625. The 470 is coming out and getting all the goodies added to it.
I should have a couple bada$$ carts soon if I can keep the kid off them.
BrutalSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:15 PM   #5
ProjectClubCar
Gone Broke

Club Car

***** Brutal,
I told the Mrs... I wanted a 670....and her response was, finish 1 of your many projects.......and then we will talk.......the sad thing about this (looking down with a hateful look) she is so right, Z-71, 1200 Sportster, 2 xr 650's, yz pee wee 50, and 2 club car ds's.....and not one of them do I want to part with........lol I'll just watch you with invy...lmao..
Old 01-02-2018, 07:44 AM   #6
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Porcellato Engineering in Canada had a nice, reasonably priced ($89 usd) "limited slip" add-on similar to the expensive one your talking about,
But it seems that they must have gone out of business for one reason or another!

And do me a favor, (friend to friend) Don't buy the $350 kit... it has plastic parts that wear out it a year,
and there aren't replacements for them, so you'll have to get another full kit! (LOTS of bad reviews on that one!)

If I remember correctly, SOME Carry All 2+'s, Carry All 4's, and 6's have locker transaxles,
I DO know that they're about 4" wider/longer than the standard DS transaxle, and might "look" better with your long travel front,
but I'm not sure about the spring perch layout in comparison.
and also, I think the gear ratio for them is geared for more torque as compared to a stock cart.

Just an idea.
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car