lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-15-2018, 09:58 AM   #1
BostonJon
Not Yet Wild

Default 07 Precedent Throttle Response - jerky start

Hi, everyone-

I'm new to the forum and new to carts in general so please take it easy on me. I bought an 07 Precedent gas for my father in law to more easily get around his property. After many years building houses, his knees and back aren't what they used to be and I'm trying to surprise him with a cart for his birthday.

The engine seems to run smoothly, but the throttle response leave a lot to be desired. It seems that the throttle is an all or nothing response. I do not really have the ability to drive the cart slowly - it's either full speed or nothing at all. I've read about all the linkage adjustments, GCOR issues, etc. but don't really know where to start. I'm mechanically inclined so have no issues digging in, but wanted to get some advice on where to start.

edit: after doing some more reading, ive ordered new throttle and governor cables as i'm not sure that mine are operating as smoothly as they should be. any other ideas?

edit: changed MCOR to GCOR

Last edited by lockman1; 03-15-2018 at 05:42 PM.. Reason: additional information
BostonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-15-2018, 05:49 PM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 07 Precedent Throttle Response - jerky start

Welcome to BGW Jon!

Throttle, and governor cables could be it...
Check to make sure that the TINY spring to the carburetor guard, and butterfly linkage is attached, and not broken!

AND... check that the butterfly in the carb is intact, and not broken in half, or missing!

(click/tap pic to enlarge)

054.JPG
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 08:59 PM   #3
Spicyunicorn
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Also make check the "idle screw" I've seen people crank them all the way in thinking they are adjusting the governor giving you an all or nothing feeling
Spicyunicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:42 AM   #4
BostonJon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicyunicorn View Post
Also make check the "idle screw" I've seen people crank them all the way in thinking they are adjusting the governor giving you an all or nothing feeling
thanks to you both. the carb is brand new and the butterfly is fine and the small spring is attached. the throttle and governor cables arrive next week. i will replace them and report back! than you
BostonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car