lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2019, 11:21 AM   #1
jimrit1
Not Yet Wild

Default 2017 Tomberlin emerge 4 wheel brake. The front brakes locking up

The front brakes start to drag then lock wheels up. Have to stop until it cools. It has been back to factory twice and apparently they can not fix it. In December I was promised a call back from factory but it never came. Problem clears up and works fine for a while then comes back when it feels like it. Does anyone know what might be wrong. Factory changed two brake lines last time but only went a week or two before it started again. Had to take license and insurance off of it because it would strand us in traffic.
jimrit1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2019, 07:48 AM   #2
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: 2017 Tomberlin emerge 4 wheel brake. The front brakes locking up

Common issue on many of the earlier units since the "re-launch". Great units, love how they drive, but this issue is a problem as you have experienced yourself.

There is also a need to adjust the linkage under the brake pedal so that it isn't keeping any partial pressure on the brake system. I forwarded your issue to someone over at the factory up in Wisconsin and will share any response I get.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 03:25 PM   #3
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

The initial response from the factory is as I mentioned, adjust the linkage (Clevis) under the pedal to back off the preload pressure for the master cylinder.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2021, 03:09 PM   #4
tony benna
Not Yet Wild

We are having this same problem with our 2017 Tomberlin Emerge. Has been in and out of service for years and the problem still exists intermittently. Was there a solve for this? Did adjusting the Brake Clevis work? Any info is greatly appreciated. T
tony benna is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin