lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2020, 12:15 PM   #1
BigDog99
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Default Tomberlin 2010 Emerge 500 updated 1268 Controller diagram and TS list

After struggling with my 2010 Tomberlin Emerge 500 Manual with a poor wiring diagram, I updated the Curtis 1268 Controller wiring diagram and troubleshoot check list.
I'm not perfect. If there is a mistake on the updated Curtis 1268 Controller wiring diagram please shout out to me or if it helps you out please let me know.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Curtis-1268-5503-Control-REV1.pdf (3.06 MB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf Curtis1268ControllerTomberlin2010-Rev1.pdf (5.19 MB, 0 views)
BigDog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-21-2021, 06:43 AM   #2
mschmidt.mn
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Default Re: Tomberlin 2010 Emerge 500 updated 1268 Controller diagram and TS list

Thank you for taking the time to update the schematics - very nice thing to do! As you know, there is precious little available online regarding Tomberlin carts. I have a 2011 eMerge e2L2 500 that I just replaced the batteries on and would only move very slowly when I powered it up. I tried checking some of the voltages, etc. suggested in the service manual, but I seem to have further complicated things - it now doesn't move. I get the reverse beeper, lights work, etc. - no click when you push the accelerator pedal. So now I am stuck diagnosing the problem since there is no dealer anywhere near Nashville, TN.

Anyway, I was hoping you might shed some light on a few things:

1) Where is the best place to do the testing suggested in the service manual? I unplugged the connector in the battery compartment and tried testing right from the plug, but I didn't seem to get any values that made me feel I was checking the right place. Should I be going right to the controller?

2) Do you have either a handheld or PC programmer? If so, do you recommend purchasing one? Thoughts regarding the handheld vs. the PC version? Do you know what the correct model numbers are for the handheld and PC version? And lastly, any recommendations as to where to purchase the programmer?

I greatly appreciate any help you can lend. I have an information technology background and have a educated knowledge of electronics with minimal working knowledge. I can use a multi-meter, solder iron, etc. Thanks!
mschmidt.mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 06:10 PM   #3
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Tomberlin 2010 Emerge 500 updated 1268 Controller diagram and TS list

I've checked things regarding the 2010 manual, which you'll find here >

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z5D...ew?usp=sharing

Places to messure i.e. main plug on controller (J1), its sensor/microswitch in the pedal box, parking brake switch, on/off and f/r switch... If fault codes stored, the controller will flash them permanently. You'll find the fault code chart in the manual.
The Curtis handset i've used, was 1311-4401 (OEM level). The 1307 or 1313 will also work, but all types are rare and expensive. Would be great help due to realtime diagnosis.

Ojo
ojo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 06:41 PM   #4
mschmidt.mn
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Thank you VERY much Ojo - your willingness to help is greatly appreciated!

Mark
mschmidt.mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 07:36 PM   #5
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

ojo is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
1268 controller, troubleshooting list
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin