lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2021, 12:40 PM   #1
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Wanting to Upgrade Rear Seat 2015 RXV

I have pretty much a standard rear seat on my RXV and I really like the Madjax Genesis 300. I like the madjax seat has a armrest/cup holder designed for it and it just looks better and looks safer than what I have now for the kids. The one Im looking at comes with a safety bar. I tried adding the armrest cupholder to my current rear seat kit and it never worked as it should've. One thing I'd like to know is if the seat is bigger than on the standard seats, Is the width of the seat bigger? The standard seat I have now just doesnt feel big enough for an adult.
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-27-2021, 07:31 AM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wanting to Upgrade Rear Seat 2015 RXV

I've been living with this Madjax Genesis 250 for 4 years. Think the only difference between this and the 300 is steel frame vs aluminum. This installation has the optional larger seat back which the builder thru in but I wouldn't have ordered it and don't really like it. Too big and doesn't add any comfort.
So, 44" between arm rests at the widest. They bow outward a little. Seat cushion is 38" wide and 15" deep but much thicker than most rear seat pads. The safety bar is large, padded and can be used as a foot rest. I like that part a lot. Seat comes with seat belt mounts.
I thru in some pictures of the cup holders because I had them already in the computer after someone had asked specifically about them some months ago.
The arm rests are hard plastic and can get annoying if sitting back there too long (adults) Kids prolly won't notice.

Also, if you have access to a Star dealer, suggest you look at rear seats there. Star makes a rear seat specifically for the RXV, Precedent, Yamaha I think besides for their own carts. It has padded arm rests and folds up. Not recommending Star carts but this rear seat is kinda trick. Available online but I would want to see the real deal up close and actually sit in it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0631.jpg (612.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0376.jpg (274.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0377.jpg (209.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0378.jpg (226.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0706.jpg (239.5 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 09:00 AM   #3
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm in the middle of installing a doubletake max 6 Cruz from Revolution Carts, initial impression is very good! Possibly know more today if I finish or if not in a couple of weeks. Kind of resembles the 300.
lugster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 01:22 PM   #4
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks guys
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:25 AM   #5
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Forgot to update you. Double Take Max 6 Cruz (purchased through sponsor Revolution Golf Cars).

This seat is amazing:
+
Sturdy and well built, large foot plate.
With the safety bar, you have extra support when using the bed.
Cool Drink holders (which are extra, so is the safety bar, so is the bin/cooler.)
Has a hitch available that bolts to the foot plate, should be plenty sturdy enough.
I love the storage bin/cooler (got to try it out last week sitting around a campfire down by the lake with many adult beverages, there was ice still there early the next day (though it's not an insulated cooler)).
Very comfy seats.
Overall just looks cool too!
-
very new to the market, parts for certain models not yet available and the instructions are just ok.
Had to use the original canopy braces for the TXT (other models probably are available to purchase).
The rear seat is just a bit high, may be an issue with extended top. Talking people 6' or taller. I raised my canopy braces a touch.

I tried to buy the Max 5 but due to the happy fun world we live in, there were none left and they quit making them due to the new models, not disappointed that I went with the 6!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New Back Seat.jpg (417.2 KB, 0 views)
lugster is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO