lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2021, 07:38 PM   #11
RTFire
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: V glide or MCOR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
You know, I have the same year cart that I converted to IQ. But before I made the conversions, my cart did much like you say yours does.

I pulled the original motor to install a new one and when I disassembled the old motor, I found the brushes had burned through the brush holders just enough to give erratic operation.

If I would have pulled the motor first thing in, I may still be running on the old equipment and still have money in the bank!
Thanks for your reply. The motor is two years old, however, it’s a 36 volt motor. When I did research on 48 volts to a 36 volt motor I read it wasn’t a big deal and I would just be losing torque. I did add a lift and 22” tires and the cart was doing 25 mph. Too much for the motor???
RTFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2021, 08:16 PM   #12
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: V glide or MCOR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTFire View Post
Thanks for your reply. The motor is two years old, however, it’s a 36 volt motor. When I did research on 48 volts to a 36 volt motor I read it wasn’t a big deal and I would just be losing torque. I did add a lift and 22” tires and the cart was doing 25 mph. Too much for the motor???
Now that we have more info, I doubt you have a motor issue. I've heard this done without problems and as long as you keep the rpm max at 6000, you should be ok.

Good luck with further troubleshooting!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car