lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2009, 12:05 AM   #1
Tank
Not Yet Wild

Default Newbie Member here....But I come with California Reg info!!

First and foremost....I have a 2000 stock gas ezgo motor I'm trying to sell for 600 bucks. Good compression, ready to be thrown into a cart. Let me know if anyones interested. I tried to list it in the cart parts but I need 5 posts before I can list it....So I'm cheating a bit...Don't kill me

So, I was refered here by a friend and it seems to be a cool site. We have a 2000 EZGO, lifted, long travel front end, some billet parts, Honda 24hp motor, street legal. Love our cart, use it every day almost to cruise our neighborhood.

I'm sure this topic has been covered on here many times before but for those of you that don't have the info, I happen to be in a postion to help people out with this topic.

If you live in California and are looking to register your golf cart legally....Here's the info you need:

I got ours registered and a bunch of our friends are getting them street legal/regestered too. They're regestered as "low speed vehicles".

Under CVC section 345, "golf carts" are excluded from being "low speed vehicles" due to the fact they are defined as: "designed to carry golf equipment and not more than two persons including the driver"

Under CVC section 385.5 you will find the definition of a slow speed vehicle. It specifically says NO GOLF CARTS. However, if you re-arrange your "golf cart" (remove the bag racks, put additional seats in the back) then it is now technically no longer a golf cart.

Now you will need:

blinkers
windshield
head and tail lights
brake lights
horn
DOT approved tires
Seat belts

After you have a VIN verification form completed by a law enforcement officer or DMV rep. you will need to fill an application for registration (both items easily accessed on the DMV website) Send in this paperwork with (approx) 75.00 and you'll recieve your plate and reg with-in a few days.

for the VIN verification. The VIN's on EZ-Gos are located on the frame on the drivers side (underneath) and usually on the passenger side, inside the glove box area.

On Cub carts, they are located on the frame (cross section) under the drivers seat,

You'll be able to drive your cart on any surface street with a speed limit under 35 mph.

If your cart is gas, you'll need a certified letter stating it's smog exempt. I have the number of a company that does regestrations that can provide this form and take care of all the paper work for about 35.00.

Hope this is a good offering for a Newb on this site.

See you all around.

Tank
Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2009, 12:08 AM   #2
Tank
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Newbie Member here....But I come with California Reg info!!

God, I am a total Newbie... I just realized I posted this most likely in the wrong place. Sorry.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:16 PM   #3
stefanz
Not Yet Wild

Tank,

A nice member directed me to your posting (even though it is in the wrong place!). And I am interested in an Ez-go engine.

Is it a 4-cycle 295cc? 395cc?

Please let me know.

Stefan
stefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
Pimp Daddy
Proud Paw Paw

E-Z-GO

To the Forum
Pimp Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #5
rib33024

Welcome to the forum
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:23 PM   #6
Tank
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanz View Post
Tank,

A nice member directed me to your posting (even though it is in the wrong place!). And I am interested in an Ez-go engine.

Is it a 4-cycle 295cc? 395cc?

Please let me know.

Stefan
Stafan....It sold. Sorry brother.

Thanks for the welcome everyone else.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO