lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-07-2010, 11:09 PM   #1
Phillip
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Need Some Information On Gaskets

Well guys I'm back again. Still having problems with the engine having that bad skip when running. (having to pull the choke out a little to make it run)
Anyway, I have replaced the fuel pump, the carb, and of course, hand the engine rebuilt by that jack leg.
Anyway, Im going to redo all the gaskets myself, but I have a few questions that I hope you all can help me with.

First of all, the engine is a 1989 3pg.

(1) I noticed when I replaced the carb. that there was no gasket at all. So my question is, since there is the choke plate that screws down under the carb, do I need a gasket on both sides of the choke plate?

(2) I checked the reed valves as suggested, and the gasket looked ok, but there was only one. Do I need a gasket on both side of the reed plate?

(3) Do you think I need to replace the head gasket, as well as the gasket that goes under the jug, at the crankcase.

Also, the thing went dead a week after being rebuilt, and come to find out, the cankshaft seal had blown out. Well the jack leg mech. that worked on it replaced the seal. Do you think I need a new seal or gasket down there? I have no idea whats there? (seal, gasket, or both)

Summer coming and it's getting time to ride. But I need help to get it running right!
Thanks in advance
Phillip
Phillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO