lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-14-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
Ryanhammack
Not Yet Wild

Default 89 2 stroke ran fine before starter bracket repair and now won't run

A week or so ago I was riding my 89 ez go and the bracket that holds the starter on broke (previous owner had welded it back several times). I just replaced the bracket and now the motor turns over, but it wont rev up. It seems like it's getting enough fuel (I replaced fuel pump just to check). Any ideas on where to start I really can't see that it's anything major cuz it was running like a top before!?!?! Thanks for any and all suggestions n
Ryanhammack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-14-2010, 10:16 PM   #2
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 89 2 stroke ran fine before starter bracket repair and now won't run

When you say it won't rev up do you mean that the starter cranks but the engine never starts? If that is the case then you have to look at what you did. Did you disturb the spark plug lead when you changed the bracket? Did you remove the plug to see if it is sparking?
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:33 PM   #3
Ryanhammack
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 89 2 stroke ran fine before starter bracket repair and now won't run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Box View Post
When you say it won't rev up do you mean that the starter cranks but the engine never starts? If that is the case then you have to look at what you did. Did you disturb the spark plug lead when you changed the bracket? Did you remove the plug to see if it is sparking?
It's getting spark. Nothing was removed to replace the bracket other than the belt and the two bolts that hold it on.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:36 PM   #4
rib33024

Are you sure the belt is good and tight and the motor is spinning, make sure the belt is not slipping
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:45 PM   #5
bananaman
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Can you post a video of it trying to crank it?
bananaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 11:47 PM   #6
Ryanhammack
Not Yet Wild

Banana man I'll try not sure if I can or not

Belt is tight.
Old 11-14-2010, 11:56 PM   #7
rib33024

the only other thing is gas ,---spark and gas, you said there was spark
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:06 AM   #8
Ryanhammack
Not Yet Wild

If it's getting fire wouldn't that mean the fuses are good? Not second guessing I'm just asking if there is another use of the fuses?
Thanks
Old 11-15-2010, 11:39 AM   #9
Pocono Country Boy
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Check your cables where they connect to the starter/generator. Sounds like it's possible you have a broken connection there somewhere...
Pocono Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:51 AM   #10
Ryanhammack
Not Yet Wild

I'm still a little confused since its turning over and getting fire!?!?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO