lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2011, 10:58 PM   #1
seadoorider135
Not Yet Wild

Default Wont run getting gas in oil!

Hi, I have a ezgo gas cart. Around 10 years old.
Went to start in a few days ago and just kept turning over. Checked the oil and was well over full and smelled strong of gas.
Did get it to run with started fluid shortly ran rough and backfired.
What are the 2 little black lines coming off the side of the carb..are they suppose to go somewhere?

Any thoughts?
thanks
steve
seadoorider135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2011, 04:06 AM   #2
Brother Texan
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wont run getting gas in oil!

Those are vent lines, they are supposed to go to atmosphere. Make sure they are not plugged. Also check if air cleaner has fuel in it, if so your carb is overfilling. (possible float or needle valve issue) If not in air cleaner, check pulser line to fuel pump, should be dry. If there is fuel in it, you may have a bad fuel pump diaphram. Good luck.
Brother Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 06:33 AM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Good diagnosis BT,
seadoo, besure you change the oil before you run it, thinned out oil or a fat carb will wash the rings right out of the cylinder and you will end up with a smoker.
What seadoo you ride'n? We have a XP, GTX and XPL.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:56 PM   #4
seadoorider135
Not Yet Wild

Hi, thanks for the replies!
I pulled the air filter out and found oil puddled in the corner of the air box. Checked the pulse line and it was dry. Pulled the carb off and where it meets the engine was black.. like it was seeping and collecting dirt.
Pulled the bowl off and it almost looks like the float has a tiny hole in it. Going to take the carb to someone who knows what there doing to go through it.
Crash12888 have a 94 seadoo spx had it for little over 2 years now.
thanks
Old 04-29-2011, 02:06 PM   #5
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

sounds to me you have a bad fuel pump. I see them go bad and fill teh crank case up with fuel. I can see the carb being adj wrong and do it, but not enough to make teh oil smell.

Not taking money form local dealer or sponsor, you can buy a $15.00 dollar fuel pump for a lawn mower and it will work. Dont buy the 75.00 facroty pump.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:57 PM   #6
casper4203
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Keep fresh gas in the tank. The crap we get nowadays has no shelf life. I f you don't use the cart enough to keep the tank with fresh gas in only put enough to run a few weeks. It is a problem with construction, marine, etc. Additives for ethenol help.
We have some small motors that we have to turn the gas shut-off to closed when not in use. Carb gets gummed up and the fuel tank is higher than the carb and we get gas in the oil.
JUST SAYING, LOL
casper4203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:13 PM   #7
seadoorider135
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
sounds to me you have a bad fuel pump. I see them go bad and fill teh crank case up with fuel. I can see the carb being adj wrong and do it, but not enough to make teh oil smell.

Not taking money form local dealer or sponsor, you can buy a $15.00 dollar fuel pump for a lawn mower and it will work. Dont buy the 75.00 facroty pump.
Hi, I what should I be looking for to see if the fuel pump is bad?
thanks
Old 04-29-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadoorider135 View Post
Hi, I what should I be looking for to see if the fuel pump is bad?
thanks
There are three lines connected to your fuel pump, 1-inlet from the tank, 1 outlet to carb and 1 pulse line from engine block to pump.
The pulse line will let fuel drain into the motor if the pump diaphram is bad. Look in that hose for any fuel, if fuel present, pump needs a kit.
More times it is trash in the carb bowl floating/moving around that gets into the needle and seat area and holds it from closing thus letting fuel fill the crankcase that way.
A good cleaning and blow out will cure that.
If you have trash/water in your carb bowl, do yourself a favor and drain and clean the fuel tank and also check the can you use to fill it with for trash/water.
People clean the carb and then fill it back up from dirty tank or can.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO