lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2011, 07:00 PM   #1
grmpacsq
Not Yet Wild

Default acceleration problems

I am working on a g1a 2cycle stock cart. My freind found in a barn sitting approx three to five years. Had to replace all the fuel lines,filters air and gas,choke cable, battery,spark plug. I cleaned out the fuel tank very well and removed the carb and float, needle valve and cleaned the carb with cleaner and blew out all the passages. It started right away and drives well. The problem is when you try to accelerate it bucks and cuts out like somthing electricle is bad or not adjusted. Is it possible that the switch on the throttle pedal is bad or adjusted wrong? I also hear the solonoids clicking repeatedly when pedal is pressed. You can't just easily press on pedal you need to mash it to start and go. Thank you.
grmpacsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: acceleration problems

Sounds like a bad, loose or misadjusted stop switch under the gas pedal or bad wiring wiring at the stop switch. Could be loose or corroded. If you connect the wires at the stop switch together it should start to crank over as soon as you turn the key to forward or reverse. If it accelerates ok then you know its the stop switch.
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
caddylac camper
Gone Wild

Yamaha

*white & red/white connected when gas pedal depressed, black/white & black connected when gas pedal released*
caddylac camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 09:00 PM   #4
Lumpy
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I JUST went through this with my G1. Symptoms sound very much like what I was experiencing. Turns out I had a junk start/stop switch under the pedal.
Lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha