lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2012, 07:13 PM   #1
spanky90
Not Yet Wild

Default G16A secondary clutch removal problems

I have a Yamaha G16A and want to remove the secondary clutch. I loosened the nut and have tried to remove the clutch with no luck. I looked for a puller but dont see one for it. I bought the primary puller and was able to get the primary off.

I even tried a 2x4 in between the plates, but no luck. Anyone else have any other thoughts or suggestions?
spanky90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
MrNeon
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G16A secondary clutch removal problems

I just did my G16 with new Plowmans parts. What you have to do is remove the woodruff key or metal type key in the drive shaft that the inner sheave is on. There is a plastic washer as well. Make sure the woodruff key is at 12 o'clock as it will be easier to do.

You have to compress the spring and sheave together and tap out the woodruff key that holds the inner sheave. It will come off but be careful as the spring is under compression.

A spring compressor will be needed or you can use a large C-clamp to push the spring/sheave in to get to the woodruff key. You can also have a buddy push in the sheave/spring while you tap out the key. Make sure to save the key as well, it is small and can get lost.

It took me some time and patience but I got it off and put back on with no problem.

I went onto this forum in the sticky's and found the Yamaha parts manual with an exploded view of the secondary drive line to see all the parts to disassemble it. Made more sense and was easier to see what I had to do.

Hope that helps.
MrNeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha