lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2014, 03:54 PM   #11
Tinken
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: posi?

Why does Plowman's posi unit fit the G16, but not the G14? Is the carrier smaller on the G14?
Tinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2014, 04:06 PM   #12
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

An old boat landing trick is to apply brake pressure. In a vehicle this is done by applying the parking brake (mechanical rear wheels). On a cart, it would be just applying pressure to brake pedal. Generally the brakes will give enough friction to prevent the freewheel from just spinning in an open differential, thus allowing the rear wheels to pull themselves out.
MudHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:30 PM   #13
panteramatt
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Sk your saying while on the gas put pressure on the brakes and both tires will spin?
panteramatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:46 PM   #14
PAPABEAR1
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Mudhog is showing his age .....
PAPABEAR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:47 PM   #15
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Sometimes that works, but it's nowhere near the traction of a fixed diff. Farm tractors used to use open diffs, but had individually controlled rear brakes. This would work on a cart, but you'd just have to add an additional brake pedal, or split the existing into two. I've seen wheelie carts do this for steering, accomplishes the same thing, adds friction and takes away spin.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 08:31 PM   #16
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPABEAR1 View Post
Mudhog is showing his age .....
negative, my birthday is 12/1980 and I've spent every day since here in south LA.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:35 PM   #17
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Sometimes that works, but it's nowhere near the traction of a fixed diff. Farm tractors used to use open diffs, but had individually controlled rear brakes. This would work on a cart, but you'd just have to add an additional brake pedal, or split the existing into two. I've seen wheelie carts do this for steering, accomplishes the same thing, adds friction and takes away spin.
speaking of tractors and you being in Ohio, that's pretty much the Allis Chambers area of the country.

Tractors also have a lever lock on them. Our '02 Kubota has a posi lever right at the floorboard that can be engaged with your right foot.

How far are you from Youngstown, OH? The company I work for just opened up a brand new large manufacturing shop in Youngstown.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #18
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudHog View Post
speaking of tractors and you being in Ohio, that's pretty much the Allis Chambers area of the country.

Tractors also have a lever lock on them. Our '02 Kubota has a posi lever right at the floorboard that can be engaged with your right foot.

How far are you from Youngstown, OH? The company I work for just opened up a brand new large manufacturing shop in Youngstown.
Youngstown? That's right down the highway about 1.5 hours east. I'm a contractor and work there a few times a month. What part of Youngstown? Warren? Boardman?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:10 PM   #19
MudHog
South LA Coonass
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Youngstown? That's right down the highway about 1.5 hours east. I'm a contractor and work there a few times a month. What part of Youngstown? Warren? Boardman?
Not sure. I just know it is just east of the I-80/I-680 intersection, by the river.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:22 PM   #20
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I've thought about making a turn brake, dune buggies use them to slide around corners and do donuts. Just a lever that pulls one side or the other.

The brake works at times but not that well. With a car you can heat the brakes on the spinning wheel so it grabs more but not enough power on a cart to do that. I find the best way is just yourself over to that side of the seat lol. What I much rather have is a locker to turn on/off.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha