lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-10-2016, 02:46 PM   #1
dawg1
Not Yet Wild

Default Subwoofer mounting help

I plan to hook up a stereo in 10' Club Cart. I haven't decided if a sub is overkill for our needs but if I do it the least intrusive option seems to be placing a bazooka tube hanging over the rear axle. I see people use tie downs to hold it up but I don't see any obvious place to hang it from. Are you guys mounting a bracket or straight piece of slotted steel somewhere?

If mounting a bracket(s), where are you mounting it and are you able to see screws from your work on the topside?

Thanks.
dawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-10-2016, 02:49 PM   #2
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Subwoofer mounting help

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawg1 View Post
I plan to hook up a stereo in 10' Club Cart. I haven't decided if a sub is overkill for our needs but if I do it the least intrusive option seems to be placing a bazooka tube hanging over the rear axle. I see people use tie downs to hold it up but I don't see any obvious place to hang it from. Are you guys mounting a bracket or straight piece of slotted steel somewhere?

If mounting a bracket(s), where are you mounting it and are you able to see screws from your work on the topside?

Thanks.
If you want a smooth way to mount it, see my post about an onboard charger and that would make a dynamite place to mount a sub instead...not really hard to install either...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161130_130936.jpg (182.0 KB, 0 views)
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 03:27 PM   #3
dawg1
Not Yet Wild

I looked at the pics. In the pics, it looks like the angle is screwed in the front and back into the rear wheel well. Is that right? What is that small piece of aluminum that is separate from the angled pieces in that one pic? I can't tell where that is in relation to the angle metal. Is that necessary or can the angles just be screwed into the wheel well?

Also you're better at this than I probably am. Do you think I could just mount a straight piece of iron somewhere and run tie downs underneath it? I haven't studied under there as much as I need to yet but you have any other ideas or you think the shelf is the easiest?

Thanks.
Old 12-10-2016, 03:34 PM   #4
Bobthefish19
Gone Wild

Club Car

Wetsounds makes a 6" powered sub that fits perfect under rear seat in the bag well area. I just installed WS soundbar and it's super loud, I'd recommend that over any stereo!!!
Bobthefish19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 06:21 PM   #5
dannyre
Gone Wild

Club Car

It's very simple in your application. Just get two 17" pieces of angle aluminum, one for each side, and set one end on the rear shock mounts and bolt them down thru the inner fender wells from the inside on both ends (use fender washers on front end of angle.... Then just get a piece of aluminum plate 12" X whatever you measure, I can't remember, and rest it on the angle you installed and bolt it down. Goes in easy from the bottom and will handle tons of weight. PM me if you want to call for details...
dannyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 11:01 PM   #6
dawg1
Not Yet Wild

Ok, I'll take a look at trying the platform when I get all of my parts in.

Do you know anything about the stereo dashes? I mean the one I bought has the head unit spot built in along with two 6.5 cutouts. Obviously I would have to bring the key and headlight over but what about the orange battery light? Should I even attempt that small of a cutout on the new dash or rather get a new digital one and tie it to the 48v pack? Are there 48v leads already in the dash (like the provided neg wire you told me about)? If I do that, is the orange indicator left wired up and just thrown behind the new dash?

Thanks.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:08 AM   #7
Bobthefish19
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'd return all that and buy the wetsounds stuff way easier and it'll be even louder!!!
Bobthefish19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car