lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-17-2011, 07:16 PM   #1
charlieo
Not Yet Wild

Default initial acceleration jumpy

Hello all, great forum , first time posting. I have a 1991 CC 36 volt cart. I bought the cart used and it has a jerking motion on intial acceleration. Does not do it as bad in reverse. Have took the v-glide(i thinks thats what it is called) off and checked the copper bars and wiper. They look like they are making good contact an the wiper works smoothly across the bars. I see resistors on the lugs but not on the 2nd to third lug. Normal? Seems the cart does not energize until the wiper gets to the third bar.Also have been told that if the motor and controller was upgraded(not sure if it has been) the cart may jump because of the v-glide. I have some pics of the motor and controller and serial #. I have also adjusted the pedal for the contactor to click but doesnt seem to help.
Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101_0089 [].jpg (27.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 101_0090 [].jpg (23.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 101_0092 [].jpg (29.3 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 101_0091 [].jpg (14.3 KB, 6 views)
charlieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-17-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: initial acceleration jumpy

WEloMe to BGW one of the resident geniuses will be with U shortly
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:43 PM   #3
patmcfann
Getting Wild

Yamaha

welcome and get your note book this going to be a doosey
patmcfann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

WELCOME
Have you checked the condition of your batterys? often a weak cell in a battery will cause a jumpy start? If this is your first cart you need really to pick up some very important items to service and make minor tests.
Digital volt meter ( DC scale to at least 100 volts ) Harbor Freight $2-$8. plus shipping.
Single float hydrometer with temperature correcting scale ( NOT MULTI FLOAT ANTIFREEZE UNIT ) Auto Parts Stores $5-$10.
DISTILLED WATER in sealed jugs ( not tap water or filtered water )
Some form of distilled water dispenser to fill battery cells on monthly at least basis.
Basic 3/8", 7/16", 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" end wrenches ( with tape covering handles to protect from shorting some thing ) NOTE when working with electric carts REMOVE ALL JEWELERY to keep from bad burns and possible explosions?
Soft wire brush, box of baking soda from wife's cubbard,
If batterys check out OK I would check wiper arm inside V Glide unit as with age the spring that pushes arm against contacts gets to where it wont make solid contact as arm swings? This is especially true with your V glide with the small electronic resistors any loss of contact will have solid state controller jumping back and forth in speed.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #5
charlieo
Not Yet Wild

Thank you OLD MEC I will check the batteries and the v glide and let you know the findings.
charlieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car