lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
Teamreelwrecked
Not Yet Wild

Default Will my 1984 cart go 20mph?

I purchased a 1984 club car to use when camping. We are more into looks than go, but I would like to try to get it street legal so we can take it to some state camp grounds. Florida requires it to be registered as a lsv and must go 20mph but not faster than 25mph any ideas.
Teamreelwrecked is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Will my 1984 cart go 20mph?

it can definitely hit 20mph if you put enough ¢a$h into it. need more details on your cart before anyone can give you specific suggestions. ie: voltage, resistor or solid state, tire diameter, age of batteries, etc.
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #3
Teamreelwrecked
Not Yet Wild

It is 36volt and has the row of solenoids does that make it a resistor cart the tires are stock but have plans for 22inch tall tires and I purchased new interstate batteries about two weeks ago
Teamreelwrecked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:05 AM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

To get you where the speed is 20 MPH you would need to do a major change over to solid state controlling, and retaining your 36 volt motor and changing to 48 volt battery pack.
What you have is a 36 volt old style resistor cart that wont handle the needed changes without major changes.
Some forum sponsors ( Scottyb and Plumb Quick and others ) make change kits to fit your needs with great wiring diagrams and one on one assistance.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car