lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2011, 10:02 AM   #1
riesman20
Not Yet Wild

Default How Many Years Have Your Batteries Lasted?

I have a 2002 EZGO with T105 Trojans. I just bought it last fall and never used it until this summer. After reading many posts on battery care and life I expected to have to replace my original 9 year old batteries. But I kept them charged this winter and it worked fine a couple of small uses but died quickly. I did find one bad battery and replaced it with a Crown Battery that is 2 years old.

I can now golf at least 27 Holes (never tried more) on a hilly course and still have 6Volts left on the batteries. I don't have a battery meter to see if it is at 50% left.

Since I am 3 or 4 years past replacement timeframe I have to ask....How long have your batteries lasted?
riesman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Default Re: How Many Years Have Your Batteries Lasted?

The industry standard is 5-7 years.
If it's just for golf and the cart has no mods, I've seen them go 10 years.
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougmcp View Post
The industry standard is 5-7 years.
If it's just for golf and the cart has no mods, I've seen them go 10 years.
The standard here is 3-5 years, occasionally we see 6 year old batteries still working and the oldest working set I have seen was 9 years but that carts did short run duty and was recharged frequently.

Our terrain is not flat and we have summer temps in excess of 100 degrees. These are both factors in battery lifespan. But the biggest factor is use and care. 6.0 volts is below the generally accepted 50% max draw down limit. Deep draws (anything below 80%) will decrease the number of times a battery can fully recover.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg State of charge for 36v.jpg (109.4 KB, 41 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:37 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i know of 2 sets of trojen 8 volt batteries ..........1 set is now in its 14th year the other set 13th year.......these carts are used only in the summer at a campground and are owned by 2 old widows who do 75% of their own maintence.........i checked the 14 year old batts this past weekend and we decided that we are going to replace them......the 13 year old ones not just yet.............i told suzy to drive the cart this season and if they last the rest of the season we,ll replace them next spring when she returns from her winter home................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:33 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I called the good folks at Guinness Book of Records and they want to be there when the batteries come out

scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 09:53 PM   #6
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Wink Re: How Many Years Have Your Batteries Lasted?

I just replaced a set for a friend of mine at OLC in Myrtle Beach. April 2011, Torjans T-105 11 years old. I hadn't ever seen a battery over 8 years old until these.
I have seen 5-8 years a lot depending on brand and how well they were cared for.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:07 AM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I called the good folks at Guinness Book of Records and they want to be there when the batteries come out

scotty we decided to retire the cart with the batteries in it...........lolol........these are by far the exception the only set i have ever seen close to them were 10 years old..........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:49 PM   #8
riesman20
Not Yet Wild

I bought mine from a 9 Hole Golf Course. Maybe they charged them after every 9 played and thus they never got below 70%? Either way I'm just happy I should get one season out of them....
riesman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO