lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #1
bigned
Not Yet Wild

Default I need some help on batteries

On the Trojan T105, what does each of these numbers represent?
I am a newbie and am getting ready to purchase new batteries for a PDS EZGO cart. Thanks in advance.

T-105, 447 Min @25Amps, 115 Min @75Amps, 225Ah @20Amps,
bigned is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-07-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
CART-ZILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: I need some help on batteries

You start at the top of the alphabet... a for january... b for february and so on. the numbers are the years last of the year number that is...
CART-ZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
bigned
Not Yet Wild

I'm sorry, I should have made it clear I was referring to the specs on the battery and what they actually mean. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

welcome, ask scottyb i beleive he has a thread that will explain everything you need to know about batteries to you......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:39 AM   #5
bigned
Not Yet Wild

Thank you very much. I just want to buy the right batteries the first time instead saying uh oh.
Thanks
Old 06-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That is the right philosophy on battery purchases. I tell people to get the best battery they can afford. Basically that breaks down to the battery with the highest amperage storage capacity.

Amperage is stored on the lead plates and the number of lead plates in a cell will vary from one battery to the next.

The number of lead plates in a cell within the battery is reflected in the weight of the battery. Basically the more a battery weighs, the more lead is in it, the amperage it can store.
The bigger a battery capacity is the less strain a given task or use will put on it. The less a battery is drained each cycle the more times you can cycle it.... But I digress

T105 is a 220ah Battery. It is a very good battery. The CR225 is a comparable Crown battery that weighs 2 pounds more and cost $5-10 less.. I put crown CR225 in everything I can.

The next step up in a 6v would be the T145 which is a 250ah battery the difference in 6 batteries would be 180ah or nearly the added capacity of another battery

ah = Amp Hour
How Are Amp Hours Determined?

Battery manufacturers complete tests on their batteries to give them an Amp-Hour rating. A typical time period for a test is 20 hours, but it varies – batteries are tested over different periods, such as 24 hours, 75 hours, even 100 hours. But as you’ll see below, a 100 Amp-hour battery tested over a 100 hour period (i.e. 1 amp drawn for 100 hours) will not have the same capacity as a 100 Amp-hour battery tested over a 20 hour period (i.e. 5 amps drawn for 20 hours). It turns out that if you drew 1 amp continuously from the 20 hour test battery, it would last for 110-120% longer than on the 100 hour test battery.

Suppose you have a 100 Amp-hour battery, tested over a 20 hour period. 100 Amp-hours divided by 20 hours = 5 amps. That means that the battery manufacturer claims the battery can sustain a 5 amp load for 20 hours until the battery is completely dead.

More reading here> http://overlandresource.com/what-is-...ttery-capacity
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #7
bigned
Not Yet Wild

Thank you Scottyb, that is the info I was looking for. I like what you have you said about the Crown line, however I can find no dealer in my area that carries this line. Trojan seems to be the battery of choice for cart owners in my area. The best price I could find on T-105 batteries is $115 each and is my pick at this time. I will keep looking for a bit though as my current batteries will go pretty good for a couple of hours, no hurry.
Thanks again for all your help.
bigned
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO