lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2011, 11:23 AM   #1
stillpressin
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default "New" 94 Marathon

Just got good deal (hopefully) on a 1994 lifted with new tires. I was told it JUST needs batteries. Thru this forum I have learned it is a 94 Marathon, txt, series and has a Curtis controller 1204 275 amp. My 1st step is new batteries and 4ga. cables. I am hoping to get help from here as I go. Just wanted to say Hi and thanks for being here. I will be using this mostly for getting around town, so some small hills to deal with. When I'm ordering parts and it says 1994 and up , I'm thinking that isn't me, right?
stillpressin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: "New" 94 Marathon

Post up a pic for us to see it, congrats on the cart.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
stillpressin
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I will soon.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #4
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If what you have iIS a marathon, then you are correct in assuming that something that says "94 and up" would NOT be for your cart.

Marathon carts are fantastic.... mine does 32 MPH now after a few minor modifications......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:30 PM   #5
CART-ZILLA
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

i got one too a good cart ...
CART-ZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:55 AM   #6
stillpressin
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

You guys are great. I would never attempt this project without the support of this forum. I have ordered the cables and am getting batteries early next week. Not very tech savvy so will have someone post some pics this weekend. I'm a 60 year old great grandma with fibromyalgia so I will be pretty slow. The old Gray Mare ain't what she used to be, but not ready for the dogfood factory yet. Again, thanks
Old 06-22-2011, 02:47 PM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

make sure your really careful with those batteries gran ma.......they are quite heavy so get a youngster to help you there have to be some 50 year olds around...............only rubbin ya.....with ben gay ....just be careful and make sure you break them in and maintain them.........
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:05 PM   #8
stillpressin
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

YES! I got me a youngster (56) to put in the batteries. Then I replaced the cables with 4ga tightened everything up and found an extra cable. Looked at the wiring diagram and figured out where it goes. IT RUNS!!!!! A few things to do now. lights, windshield and then the fun stuff like painting. Like every one says it doesn't have much uphill power. Do you think a new controller would do enough to be worth it? It has a Curtis 1204 275 amp. Thanks again.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #9
stillpressin
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I have now moved on to lights....HELP!! I find lot's of diagrams, but I don't know a relay or a diode from a lampshade. what I have is a pile of lights and wires. I need the order, like what goes to what very simply. like a picture you would draw for a 7 year old. I don't need to understand why or how it works. I follow directions very obediantely, admit I don't understand, and I can go to autozone or radioshack and ask for help on getting parts ( I am woman) Not looking for anything fancy or pretty. I can put lipstick on it and call it good. Any help you can give me would be so appreciated. Might even send you some homemade cookies.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:15 PM   #10
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: "New" 94 Marathon

Take the hot wire and run form batty + to light swtch.

Then from switch to lights. You can hook all of the lights to this one wire.
Then take ground off the second battery and run to all the grounds for the lights.

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO