lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-18-2011, 09:38 AM   #1
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default conversion complete

well i spent a day doing my controller conversion and it went smooth as silk, between scotty,s direction sheet and his cables all being #,erd its idiot proof......i spend a lot of time working on carts but very little time doing any types of conversions so his directions really helped.....i have one last thing to do and that is fine tune the pot adjustment...............i mounted the pot on the upper frame rail right by the #5 battery, i layed it down on the rail.....i didn,t want to hang it anywhere near the bottom of the rail which would have made the install easier but would have left the pot exposed and the hardest part about the way i did mine was getting the acell rod bent in the right way.............i had to cut mine and than reweld it so it would connect to the pot in a way that it worked nice and smooth.......i think playing with the acell rod took longer than the rest of the job.................anyways other than some adjustment for the pot its done and drives as smooth as can be........anyone who is thinking about converting my advice is go ahead its a days work or less and with the right directions you can,t screw it up..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-18-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: conversion complete

which pot?
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:29 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

He is using a modified PB-16 from C U
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #4
bjl
Not Yet Wild

Congrats on the easy conversion. I converted my 36 volt resistor cart to controller a couple of months ago, also went smooth with Scotty's diagram and a couple of phone conversations. Have had real good luck with mine. Run time is a lot better with the conversion. I will go to 48 volt when the batterys go bad.
BJL
bjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:54 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Bj did a real clean job on his conversion...
He's not scared of a little old wire diagram,lol.
I have found that the guys who buy the Numbered cable sets are a lot less likely to have any trouble with the conversion kit, than those who make their own.
My advice is if you make your own number them as shown in the diagram or better yet just buy the cable set ~ the quality is unmatched, the lengths are right, and first try success is almost guaranteed!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

the cable set the quaility is top notch.....and doing some price comparison the price can,t be beat.....just my opinion oh i should have added the voltage meter is a bit slick as well................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #7
bjl
Not Yet Wild

I also installed the digital voltage meter that I bought from Scotty. It is really nice to be able to monitor the pack while you are out riding around.
BJL
bjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Nothing compares to real-time pack voltage readings while you're exploring the outback... peace of mind is knowing you have enough juice to go look over that next ridge or around the next bend and still have power to get back without compromising the pack
Old 07-18-2011, 07:13 PM   #9
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

so whats the difference between the pb-6 and pb-16?
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 08:05 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The PB 16 is the Ezgo OEM pot used from 1990-94. Why do you ask?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car