lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2012, 03:33 AM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 ezgo surging and beeping

Part numbers are listed on drawing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS J2 mode plugs.jpg (130.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2012, 06:24 PM   #22
Ploki
Not Yet Wild

If it's empty will that be in the all terrain mode?
Or do I have to get a blank ?
I have taken pics and approached local electronic companies they cannot supply as it's specific to ezgo
Cheers
Ploki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:29 AM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

With no plug installed in J2, it is in All Terrain mode.
You can get the "Speed Chip" from several of the site Sponsors and they are listed on e-Bay.

By putting switches in the jumper wires on a speed chip, you can get all four PDS modes.

I have a switch in the jumper wire between Pins 2&3 and have both Freedom and Mild Hill modes.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:25 PM   #24
Ploki
Not Yet Wild

cannot trace problem yet.it still goes into braking mode then just slows to 3 mph.does anyone know what hertz is the speed sensor at full throtle??
Old 02-11-2013, 08:44 AM   #25
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

It sounds like one of the eighteen points I highlighted on the schematic I attached to Post #19 is momentarily loosing contact.

------------

It depends on what PDS mode the controller is in. (8 pulses per motor revolution)

They are DC pulses, so it would be PPS rather than Hz.
All Terrain = About 417 PPS
Steep Hill = About 417 PPS
Mild Hill = About 449 PPS
Freedom = About 593 PPS
Old 02-13-2013, 03:04 AM   #26
Ploki
Not Yet Wild

is there a way to test just the controller? i have spent a fortune on testing and auto electric experts?
what is still happening on this soon to be junked ezgo is a burst of straight line speed then a drop to 3mph speed.
help me to just find the replacement faulty part????
how can i just separate the new controller as the fault???
Old 02-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #27
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ploki View Post
is there a way to test just the controller? i have spent a fortune on testing and auto electric experts?
what is still happening on this soon to be junked ezgo is a burst of straight line speed then a drop to 3mph speed.
help me to just find the replacement faulty part????
how can i just separate the new controller as the fault???
Having an "auto electric expert" troubleshoot an electric golf cart is akin to going to a Proctologist with a toothache.
He might have a voltmeter and he might know how to read the dial, but he sure doesn't know where to put the test probes.

From the symptoms described, I'm about 99.999% sure the problem is not, and was not, a bad controller.

The PDS controller is a "Fly-by-Wire" system and a momentary loss of continuity in any one of the 24 wires or loss of contact in any of the 48 connections that attach those wires will cause the controller to initiate an emergency stop (slows to 3MPH with max regen braking while sounding the beeper).

You can readily duplicate the symptoms by turning the key off while driving or by switching the F/R to neutral or Reverse while going Forward, or by switching the F/R to neutral or Forward while going backwards.

If I was going to fix it, I'd jack the rear wheels off the ground and put cart on jackstands.
The cart doesn't have a plug installed in J2, so it is in All terrain mode and the motor is limited to 3,200 RPM (13 MPH), so there is little danger of over-revving the motor and I'd have someone hold the pedal down or put a brick on it.
Then I'd tug and flex and visually inspect every cotton-picking wire going to every cotton-picking switch and connector in the entire cotton-picking cart until the beeper started yelling at me.
Then I'd fix the cotton-picking bad wire or connection and drive away on a cart that has a lot of potential.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #28
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

just an idea!!!! did you check the cables going from the motor to the controller? are the connections good on the motor??
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:45 PM   #29
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

I AGREE with johnnieb... gotta be a wiring glitch... do not give up on the cart... this is actually part of the fun of owning a cart.... seeing how they work...
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2004, 36volt, ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO