lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
patgrim00
Gone Wild

Default Ez no go

Ok to sum all of this up I have a fairly stock ezgo cart with 22" tires and lift kit it has the 4 th stock controller in it now it is the cart with the switch for the forward and reverse

A few weeks ago my cart started feeling like it was skipping as in getting power and not getting power then all of a sudden it just stopped I'm not really sure were to start with this thing I have been told it was the controller and I wanted to upgrade to a 400 amp alltrax anyway but thanks for the help in advance and sorry for the novel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
patgrim00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #2
Great white north
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez no go

Check out the ITS module and micro switch look in forum under search tab on correct voltage readings etc this might point you in the right direction from the limited info . You have given
Is the F/R switch on the dash or at the seat ? , this will determine if it is a series or PDS or DS style cart , 4th controller ? You need to up grade to 400 Alltrax

Last edited by Great white north; 02-02-2013 at 11:21 PM.. Reason: Add sentence
Great white north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:20 AM   #3
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by patgrim00 View Post
Ok to sum all of this up I have a fairly stock ezgo cart with 22" tires and lift kit it has the 4 th stock controller in it now it is the cart with the switch for the forward and reverse

A few weeks ago my cart started feeling like it was skipping as in getting power and not getting power then all of a sudden it just stopped I'm not really sure were to start with this thing I have been told it was the controller and I wanted to upgrade to a 400 amp alltrax anyway but thanks for the help in advance and sorry for the novel

ok, I know I don't talk here often anymore, but I'm afraid you are gonna have to give more detailed specs than "fairly stock". What controller? What motor? They all have a stitch for forward and reverse, some are mechanical, some are electrical.... exactly which switch does yours have?

I'm fairly sure people will assist you, but you are gonna have to provide some more details......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #4
patgrim00
Gone Wild

Switch on the dash and what ever the stock 200 amp controller is

Old 02-03-2013, 07:52 AM   #5
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Switch on the dash means PDS and the controller is 300 amp.

As a cart builder I would NEVER suggest a person operate a lifted cart on a stock controller for any length of time. Not only would the cart require more power than the controller would be able to supply, but the larger diameter tires/wheels would cause the speed sensor to be getting false readings. I would suggest you contact ScottyB from Cartsunlimited and get a larger controller (400 is good, 500 is better) and beefier cables if you haven't already upgraded them. Personally I would also suggest a bigger motor as well.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

4th Controller ?
At some point you gotta wonder if you are headed down the right road. Rabbit is right, the stock control is engineered for the game of golf... short trips on relatively flat, groomed courses. Once you take the cart off the course and add tall tires you overload the control and it heats up due to the higher amp draw. Sell your new control to a golfer or trailer park (campground use) cart owner and get a solid aftermarket replacement controller & HD solenoid.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #7
patgrim00
Gone Wild

Yea Scotty I've been wanting to upgrade for a while now and I plan on upgrading everything I just bought a new set of Trojan batteries I don't really want a huge amount of speed 25 to 30 is all I want I just don't really have a huge wealth of knowledge when it comes to upgrading these things

Old 02-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #8
patgrim00
Gone Wild

Scottyb what package of yours would you recommend to me I want to step up to 23 or 24" tires I don't really need to increase speed but I would like to have some more power to pull my little 14' John boat ( it would pull it like it was ) not out of the water just pull it to move it around the yard thanks
::: edit I would like to go farther on a charge as well

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO