lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2013, 02:25 AM   #1
GlfCrtManiac
Not Yet Wild

Default 2001.5+ TXT and a 20% grade driveway.

Just bought my first electric golf cart and quickly realized my need for more torque, after struggling up a tiny hill in the neighborhood. Please forgive me if these questions, if they are not the newest freshest queries. 1 What is the affordable(less than a grand) route for solving my torque issues? (If motor, what brand and model, if solenoid, what brand and model, if batteries, please offer as specific a recommendation as possible) I need this to go up a rather steep hill, regularly. 2 being that the first thing that I did, after acquiring my cart, was get on ebay and purchase 14" rims and 24" tires as well as 6" jakes spindle lift kit, only to find this website and learn that larger tires = less torque( I thought it would be the opposite), is there much I can do in said price range with said tires, or would it be wise to return my wheels for smaller ones? 3) how much does a lift kit change the ride and would a smaller lift make for a more comfortable ride? Also, please feel free to use laymens terms as much as possible as I am a carpenter, and not much of a mechanic.
GlfCrtManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2013, 05:57 AM   #2
dmi518
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001.5+ TXT and a 20% grade driveway.

the 24" tires stole your torque..lol
we need to know if it is a series cart or pds. do you have a button for forward reverse on dash (pds) or a lever buy your leg centered under seat(series)?

pds carts have the ability to install a different series of chips, which may help and is very inexpensive.

i have an 03 series cart, i did a controller,solenoid, cable, upgrade. its well under a 1g. you need to allow more amperage for torque and thats what the controller will dogoing up to 48 volt really wakes things up ,but batteries will break the budget. my cart had 15:1 low end gears when i got it which also helps quite a bit but its pricey and hurts speed. i will say stock with gears and 2 awg cables my cart was slow but had no problem climbing through the woods. now with the upgrades i pull wheelies and got some top speed back. these things are fairly ease to change.
check out carts unlimited, Scottyb is a site sponsor, has great pricing, and will help you through any mods you choose. Definitely set it up for 48 volt because its a great option to have,i used package #485 0n his site. if you need pics of anything let me know i have a stock txt im building and the one i just finished so you can see the difference,location etc.

welcome, with this forum to help you will have no problems.
dmi518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:12 AM   #3
GlfCrtManiac
Not Yet Wild

It's got the lever by the leg configuration. Not sure which that makes it, but, that's what its got.

If switching to 48v would help, would you mind suggesting a brand and model of battery that would be well suited for large hills and hunting/fishing excursions?

Also, will the modifications with batteries controller, solenoid, and cables solve my torque issues with the 24" tires or would I be better to return them for smaller ones, regardless?

Thanks for your help!
GlfCrtManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #4
dmi518
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

just make sure there is not a toggle switch under the seat that says run /tow. sounds like a series cart.
you can run the 24s, series carts are generally better hunting buggies because thay take to slow torque situations with less heat on the motor. you will have to upgrade the components i mentioned to go 48volt but its a great investment and you can stay at 36 volt at first. the 36 volt motors actually dont have to work as hard at 48 volt i was told. it was money well spent for me.

Honestly scottyb at carts unlimited is the man to talk to when your ready, he will not steer you wrong and his customer service is great.
dmi518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO