lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-14-2013, 02:42 PM   #11
subby44
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: To buy a cart already fixed up or to fix up an older model

This is just my opinion... I would look at Batteries locally.. it is good to do business locally on the heavy items... as far as the rest of the items you need... get with scottyb.. he is great to deal with, plus if you get stumped while putting everything back together, he is only a phone call or email away.. I am a rookie.. I ordered a 400 amp controller from him. I installed it and had a few questions. called him on the phone and within a few min. he had me up and running.. I have a 1996 ezgo dcs stock motor. I bought a pkg deal from scottyb. i got new 4 gauge cables and my cart runs about 18 mph lots of torque too for at the golf course.. I am by faaaaar the fastest cart.. I did not mean to be the fastest.. That is just how it worked out.. My next move is to go to 48v and 2 gauge cables.. I have a friend that works at a coal mines... he can get me all the 2 gauge i want....
subby44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2013, 05:03 PM   #12
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

With a new battery pack (once the are broken-in properly) that cart should ride at 12-14 mph on flat ground. If you want to go faster ya gotta start spending money. Is there a Run/Tow toggle switch in the battery bay on the controller box?
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #13
Great white north
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I will have to agree with Subby , get new batts , quality batts , Trojans or crowns , high amp/hr capacity min .245 to 260 amp/hours , bigger guage cables
Scotty B will set you up , he did great for me , you made the right decision to keep your father in laws cart
A lot more fun to build what you want in a cart then buying it complete
Cheers !
Great white north is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO