lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
TxAg66
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Is going too slow a problem?

New member, not too knowledgable on carts and/or electrical stuff, so your patience is appreciated.

I just bought a 98 TXT Series cart & had to have the solenoid replaced. No problem, these things happen plus the dealer fixed it at no charge.

The tech working on it mentioned that about the only thing that can hurt these things is driving too slow. That's evidently real hard on the motor.

True? And if so, how slow is "too slow"? I can't imagine driving the thing WFO all the time. For one thing, my bumpy pastures would beat it (and me!) to death.

I'll be learning more (especially from the knowledge & experience shown in this forum) but, in the meantime, I'd sure appreciate your thoughts/opinions.

Thanks in advance ..

John
TxAg66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Is going too slow a problem?

Welcome to BGW, John.
I tell people if you can walk faster than you are driving, you are driving too slow.

You can drive slow. When you drive slow the cart is in a high torque situation. You have no momentum in it's favor. It is working very hard and that requires a lot of amps and high amperage use results in additional heat . Mix it up, use the full range.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #3
TxAg66
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks, Scotty. Makes sense. I guess I'll have to pay attention to those high torque situations cuz our place is very sandy & hilly. I can see where that combo could work it pretty hard regardless of the speed. Hope I didn't make a mistake getting electric instead of gas. Time will tell.

Regards & thanks again ..

John
TxAg66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:27 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You can modify your cart for more torque so it's better suited to what you need.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO