lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2013, 06:57 AM   #1
Bilito
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Paper work buying a used custom cart

I know there is an ID plate riveted under the driver seat on a frame rail somewhere.

What, if any, paperwork should I have or prepare when I buy this cart to assure or affirm from the seller that the cart is his free and clear.

My town here in Cutler Bay florida requires me to register the cart and insure it but there is nothing on any of the forms the town supplies to ID any particular cart by make, model or serial number.

Here in Florida you must have title for any boat with a motor, any motorcycle or car etc. but I can find nothing about a Golf cart. All I have from the state and town is a form to certify the cart meets the requirements of state law and has some basic equipment installed.

Anyone have an idea of a form I could make to have the seller sign to protect myself from buying a stolen cart or a cart with liens on it.

I am trading a boat for this custom cart and the boat has a title and a trailer tag registration form that goes with it,
Bilito is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-04-2013, 07:06 AM   #2
Springlake
I Believe !!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Paper work buying a used custom cart

here is a good forum for your problem

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...eet-legal.html
Springlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
scotter
Gone Wild

Club Car

Get a Bill of Sale for the cart. Give a Bill of Sale for the boat/trailer, as well as the title/tag stuff.
scotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:22 PM   #4
Storm S
Gone Wild

Club Car

Palm Beach County, Florida here. We are not required to register our cart unless it is street legal AND we plan on using it on public streets. HOWEVER it can also be recommended to register it regardless incase it is ever stolen there is a way to legally track it back to your posession.
Storm S is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car