lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2014, 01:07 PM   #11
kd_r
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Ezgo moving slow

I checked the speed sensor connection to the controller and the wire from the controller to the sensor. I found a bare place on the wire where it runs through the guide on top of the motor. White wire was abraided through the insulation and bare wire was showing. I don't think it was shorting out because only one wire was abraided and the guide appears to be rubber coated. I cut out the bad section and spliced it back. Ran the cart again, still has same problem. Ran diagnostic again still indicating speed sensor. I plan to take the sensor off and inspect. Looks like it slides out after removing the internal snap ring? I read somewhere that I need to check for a cracked magnet. I'm feeling my way into this one, any guidance will be appreciated.
kd_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

There is and inner and outer snap ring that hold the sensor in place. Only the outer one have to be removed to get the sensor out, but the inner one has to be taken out also to remove the magnet disk.

Here is a drawing of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Speed sensor - exploded view.JPG (28.8 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:12 AM   #13
kd_r
Not Yet Wild

Thanks JohnnieB, I removed the outer snap ring and the senser. I have ordered a new sensor. The magnet does not appear to be cracked. Should I remove it for a closer inspection.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:38 AM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd_r View Post
Thanks JohnnieB, I removed the outer snap ring and the senser. I have ordered a new sensor. The magnet does not appear to be cracked. Should I remove it for a closer inspection.
Not unless you want to. Just make sure it isn't slipping on the shaft. (screw loose)
Old 04-08-2014, 02:12 PM   #15
kd_r
Not Yet Wild

10:4 I'll be sure to check that the screw is tight before installing the new sensor. Thanks Again
Old 04-16-2014, 02:25 PM   #16
kd_r
Not Yet Wild

Magnet screw was tight. Installed new speed sensor. Cart runs great!! Thanks for the help.
Old 04-16-2014, 04:33 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Glad to hear you got it going.
Thanks for the feedback.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO