lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2014, 09:30 PM   #1
ez_rider
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Typical mileage for a fleet cart off-lease?

Is there a "typical" mileage to look for on a used off-lease fleet cart? I just purchased a 2011
RXV fleet cart. My cart has 6050 miles on it. High/Low? Good/Bad? Thanks all.
ez_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2014, 01:00 PM   #2
gr8gmc
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Typical mileage for a fleet cart off-lease?

If you figure 5.5 miles (per round) x 365 rounds (per year) x 3 years thats totals 6022.5 miles.

Sounds typical to me. A cart could easily be used for 4 rounds on a busy day and of course get a few days off in bad weather and slow days.

I just bought the same cart (2010 model) and there was noticeable tire wear (it looked mostly like it was cornering on concrete paths at decent speed) so I can imagine my cart has at least 8,000 miles on it.

What does the 2Five designation mean in your Speedo thread?
gr8gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:04 PM   #3
ez_rider
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for your mileage calculation. Not being a golfer I had no idea how to calculate the mileage. The 2Five designation is EZGO's street legal LSV (Low Speed Vehicle) with lights, turn signals, horn, seat belts, reflectors, speedometer, DOT windshield, wipers, etc... It is basically an upgraded RXV with whatever is needed to become street legal.
ez_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:12 PM   #4
Olman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If you hadn't installed that new fancy speedo, you would have been like the rest of us and not known the difference. No problem
Olman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:41 PM   #5
fireboat
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

That is so true, ignorance is bliss sometimes, lol.
fireboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:03 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Probably the most telling of age for most of us is how sloppy the steering is. The rack and pinion wears based on miles. Beyond that, most of us learn the hard way how many miles (or lube habits) our buggies have seen. Age and miles are not a good indicator, unless it was a fleet buggy.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:36 AM   #7
720Deere
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8gmc View Post
A cart could easily be used for 4 rounds on a busy day and of course get a few days off in bad weather and slow days.
Those must be some speedy rounds to allow for charging in the middle of the day and still get in 4 rounds with no more than 15 hours of daylight. Maybe in Alaska!
720Deere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:51 PM   #8
gr8gmc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720Deere View Post
Those must be some speedy rounds to allow for charging in the middle of the day and still get in 4 rounds with no more than 15 hours of daylight. Maybe in Alaska!
The RXV is supposed to be able to make something like 2.3 rounds per charge, per their youtube video I saw a while back.

I'm just guessing. On a busy day, four rounds could be tough to get done. Played 18 in a foursome Saturday in something like 3 hours and 45 minutes so that was fresh in my mind.
gr8gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO