lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-14-2014, 01:13 PM   #11
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: DCS No Reverse Limo Cart

WOW, Thanks Jonnie B. I just caled my friend and he also said thank's for the info.
Steve
caokgafamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-14-2014, 01:16 PM   #12
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

Last question or a thought. On a controller for a series cart it would have been dead 1st time correct? This controller fooled a novice because sepex, if working one direction it gives you hope? not shot?
Steve
Old 04-14-2014, 01:23 PM   #13
caokgafamily
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think my buddy is mad at me, i convinced to change wires to motor also. Because of this thats how the stud came loose. Its really his fault for not double checking stud or using 2 wrenches. Also on my wires I use extra heat shrink at the motor.
Steve
Old 04-14-2014, 01:23 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by caokgafamily View Post
Last question or a thought. On a controller for a series cart it would have been dead 1st time correct? This controller fooled a novice because sepex, if working one direction it gives you hope? not shot?
Steve
A series control only works in one direction. The F&R does the switching. This controller does the directional switching. When one direction quits 90% of the time it is either the switch signal failure or the control.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:28 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by caokgafamily View Post
Steve
A series controller is just one controller in the box, so if it is bad, cart doesn't move in either direction.

If a series cart goes in one direction, but not the other, the F/R switch is the problem. (That is where the direction of current flow though one of the windings is switched)

Another thing a Sepex controller does is activate the solenoid. Controls both legs of the circuit in a PDS and only one leg in a DCS. Both legs are external to the controller in a series cart.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO