lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2014, 04:56 PM   #1
o4mustang70
Not Yet Wild

Default Marathon Battery Help!!

I have a EZGO Marathon that I bought used last year. It worked fine all summer but then started to get sluggish. I think I need new batteries but not sure. It is a 36v Cart. When all the batteries are hooked up like they should be the voltmeter says 6.4v on all the batteries. I assume it should be 36v if the batteries are fully charged. Right now all the cart does is omit a small click when the pedal is pressed. Do I need new batteries? My charger is suppose to turn off when the batteries are fully charged but it never turns off leading me to believe even more that I need new batteries. The reverse went out first and then then forward.
o4mustang70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2014, 05:41 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: Marathon Battery Help!!

take a full pack reading
Old 05-08-2014, 05:47 PM   #3
crash test dummy

do you have a 1988 resistor cart or a controller cart ?

Quote:
Do I need new batteries? My charger is suppose to turn off when the batteries are fully charged but it never turns off leading me to believe even more that I need new batteries.
yes if batteries are bad or even one is bad charger will try to bring pack up but cant so it will keep running

Quote:
The reverse went out first and then then forward
that sounds more like the F/R switch

Quote:
the voltmeter says 6.4v on all the batteries
seems high but readings need tobe taken 12hrs after charger shuts off or you turn it off

Quote:
I assume it should be 36v
here is a SOC chart... note 38.2v is fully charged pack after 12hrs rest

Old 05-14-2014, 06:54 AM   #4
Newbie22
Not Yet Wild

I have a question regarding the batterys, can you still check each individul battery while they are all hooked up or does that affect the reading? I have an older cart as well and it's not runnig very well so I was checking the batterys I got 30v for the bank which I realize is low so I checked each one by itself and got 6.1 off each one (6.1x6 doesnt =30). So I then tested each side at a time and 18.4v on the left side and only 12.1 on the right. Does this mean I have a bad battery on my right side? just confused cause when like I said when I check each one I get 6.1v. any idea or have I confused everyone?
Newbie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:18 AM   #5
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Checking each battery individually works fine with all wiring in place. The math should add up, but your meter may have to go to a different range for lower voltage, like 6 to full pack, which would be 36. You can also test individually or full pack while wired up and charging, or even running. The math should still add up. Check the battery in you meter.

Also, 6.1 volts is pretty close to dead. May be time to replace all of them.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:40 PM   #6
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

o4mustang70; The click you hear when you press the pedal... is it the solenoid?

Last edited by radioman; 05-15-2014 at 12:05 AM.. Reason: Cant solve two problems for two at once.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:13 PM   #7
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Here is the topic you posted with the voltage chart it.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO