lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2008, 06:58 PM   #1
spread footing
Getting Wild

Default Robins MCI Engine

Hey all, I've been having some discussions with Mike of Mikes Motor Toys and he's been of great assistance tracking down the proper part no. for the muffler I need. Apparently on my (alledged) 1997 Jacobsen Hauler (there's no serial number tag, so I'm flyin blind), the engine must have been swapped somewhere along the lines, because the muffler I ordered based on the information I had did not fit (look for it soon in the parts for sale section, brand new, deep discount). Turns out according to Mike that I have an MCI engine, Subaru Robins model No. EH352. Does anybody have any info about these engines? The muffler I ordered is a 72019-G01 which on most sites say good for EZ-Go's from the 90's (I guess when they went to 4 stroke) onward (I just dont' know how far onward). If anybody's got any light they can shed so I can enlighten myself it would be most appreciated.
spread footing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 06:39 PM   #2
bhfear
EZ-GO-N

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Robins MCI Engine

I can get you used 295/350 mufflers off of the 4 stroke robins no problem, I dont know whats differnt about the 352 ?? I mean the robins and subarus are the same motor, but if you can snap a picture of the *** end the motor kind at the manifold I can see if these will work, later
bhfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 09:58 PM   #3
ruredy
Born Wild

The MCI engines came out in 04 I think, they don't have an exhaust manifold like the early robin 4 stroke engines do, theirs is built into the head so the muffler bolts right to the head.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 10:51 PM   #4
bhfear
EZ-GO-N

E-Z-GO

ya i saw that after I went and looked up the mci engine, ya the muffler goes directly to the head, but what do you want to bet that you could put a used manifold and muffler on it for less than a new mci muffler, maybe it would all depend on the bolt patterns,
bhfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:02 PM   #5
spread footing
Getting Wild

Probably not worth the work to swap out the manifold. Correct muffler is comming!
spread footing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
Steele Shop
Not Yet Wild

Where did you get this muffler for the EH352?
Steele Shop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, mci, robins
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO