lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #1
Billyzack
Not Yet Wild

Default 03 slipping problem

I just bought a lifted 03 EZGO TXT and when I go to take off, it feels like the clutch is slipping and sometimes it lunges. Also, if I have more than 2 people on it, it hardly moves. Should I be looking into a new clutch, springs, or ? This is my first cart and I have a manual but it isn't a lot of help. Thanks in advance, Billy
Billyzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2008, 08:23 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: 03 slipping problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyzack View Post
I just bought a lifted 03 EZGO TXT and when I go to take off, it feels like the clutch is slipping and sometimes it lunges. Also, if I have more than 2 people on it, it hardly moves. Should I be looking into a new clutch, springs, or ? This is my first cart and I have a manual but it isn't a lot of help. Thanks in advance, Billy
Measure the width of your belt and make sure you can't move the sheaves back and forth on the driven clutch
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #3
Billyzack
Not Yet Wild

My belt is 1.188" wide and there doesn't seem to be any looseness in the driven clutch. I don't know alot about carts but the belt seems a bit loose or are they supposed to be a bit sloppy? Thanks, BZ
Billyzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 08:54 PM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

The belts are a bit "sloppy" in how they fit, you can remove them by hand without tools. When they get under 1 1/8" they should be replaced, while yours is more than that it could still be a problem. It's real hard to say without looking at it, if the belt has been slipping it will have glossy burnt looking sides. You can take it off and turn it around, if it works better that way it may be bad. There's a thread in the tech section about shorter belts you may want to read.
It's harder to determine if the clutches are bad, you need to check the faces of the sheaves to see they are smooth and in good condition. I check the driven clutches by pulling one sheave and pushing the other, if you can make the clutch open up by doing this then something isn't quite right.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO